Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Movie theater free promo items
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie theater free promo items
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I was finally able to watch it, and right, while the boy was recovering from his injury, those zealot kids mutinied and put all the adults in suspension, and him since they blamed his father, Matt Dillon, for the death of their "savior", as they refer to Pilcher.

It's an apparently happy town until you the pan up reveal at the end shows three people have been "reckoned" and hung as a warning to others. The sign on the chest of the man hanging in the foreground reads "Do Not Try To Leave". So all of the adults are frozen, and if there is a season 2, the task of Matt Dillon's son will be to free them and defeat the youth who idolize Pilcher and still use his brutal methods.

I don't know if it will be renewed, and even if so, there's no guarantee any of the actors from season 1 will return, so it's a good catch-all for them to say any non-returning cast member remains in suspended animation. Matt Dillon's son is really the only one they need back, and even he could be replaced if they go in a different direction.

Finally, cardaddict, I promise that I'll have that Terminator poster image up here within 24 hours, the least I can do for getting TV talk all over your fine thread.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
No problem. Since I never watch broadcast TV (except for the Oscars every year), I have to learn about which shows to rent on DVD by other means, and this forum is one of them!

I saw Mr. Holmes Sunday (one of the most boring movies I've ever slept through) and picked up this poster:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's a nice one. Are the autographs printed on the poster? Even if so, that's a nice touch.

Here's the Terminator poster, 11 by 17 like usual. It's from Harkins theatre. I don't know if it was made for them, like those others that were made for AMc theatres.

Here's the logo from the bottom right corner:

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That's a nice poster! It looks like the Terminators have a good dental plan too.

The autos are part of the poster. I didn't meet any stars at the theater.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I picked up these pins last weekend when I saw Mission Impossible Rogue Nation in IMAX. Here's a clue - the missions are never 'impossible':

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I love it that they still make these kinds of promos. Good stuff!

And, right, from now on, they should be called "Mission: Very Difficult"...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Hey cardaddict, pls LMK how you store these movie swag posters flat in quantity?
What do you use and where did you get it??

I've accumulated quite a few over the years but need to store them away so they won't be damaged by insects, dust, etc

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have a large plastic covered bin I inherited from my mother. 99% of the posters fit in it. I keep it under my bed. If you want I'll take a picture of it, although I'm not sure my camera's AC adapter is working right now.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
OK, I will look for an under-bed storage container.

Probably rigid plastic with a snap-on (airtight) lid.
And I hope I can find stackable in case I overflow...

Update: They had them at Walmart but none of their selection was long enough for med-large posters

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BILLZEE,

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Another dry spell, but they had these 2 posters the last couple of weeks.
Since Mission Impossible I've seen 21 movies. I won't list them all but here are high and lowlights: NO ESCAPE (excellent), THE MAN FROM UNCLE (disappointing), THE VISIT (godawful), EVEREST 3D IMAX (very good), THE MARTIAN 3D (very good plus), THE WALK IMAX 3D (at the moment my favorite movie of the year, it blew my mind, to coin a phrase), CRIMSON PEAK (nice production values but weak plot), THE LAST WITCH HUNTER (go watch paint dry instead), BRIDGE OF SPIES (very good plus).

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I saw BRIDGE OF SPIES at an Emagine Theater Halloween day and they had these plastic fangs available. I don't know why but I only took one.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
AMC had these posters for the new Bond film, which I saw today in IMAX. Sadly to say, a good movie, but I left feeling just a little dissapointed, even though I'm a huge Bond fan:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I would have posted this sooner but my PC was acting up. Picked up this poster and card when I saw THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY Part 2 last Sunday, the best of the 4 in my opinion, although I'm still not a big fan of these movies.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Saw a bodybuilding movie called VICTOR FRANKENSTEIN today and found these posters, cards, fliers and a fortune cookie for KUNG FU PANDA 3:

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Me to. I was always excited for a Bond movie maybe I've just outgrown them.

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
AMC had these posters for the new Bond film, which I saw today in IMAX. Sadly to say, a good movie, but I left feeling just a little dissapointed, even though I'm a huge Bond fan:

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dare I even think that my theater would have that Doctor Who as a giveaway. Last time they had a poster it was claimed by someone who works there.

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Saw a bodybuilding movie called VICTOR FRANKENSTEIN today and found these posters, cards, fliers and a fortune cookie for KUNG FU PANDA 3:

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
No fresh Dr. Who or even Dr. What material this time, but I did get this pin for being a Stubs member when I went to see THE GOOD DINOSAUR in 3D this weekend (Unfortunately, I won't open the package to see what it looks like):

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Went to see the Force Awakens on Thursday. Not much on the "freebie" table at Regal but they did have really nice "collectible" tickets for "The Good Dinosaur". I'll try and post an image later, but it's basically the same image on the AMC card, only there was no text (other than the movie title) until the bottom of the card which has the "collectible ticket" wording. Nice heavy card stock with a very glossy stock that makes it look really nice.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Went to See the Hunger Games on Saturday at an AMC theater. No giveaways of any kind. Frown

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I don't even ask at my Showcase Cinema.
The most I ever got out of them, in the 16 years, living in RI, is a key chain and water bottle, at the 2013 RI Comic Con.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post