Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Movie theater free promo items
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie theater free promo items
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted
Today I went to see GREEN LANTERN in 3 dimensions and I picked up these freebies:

2 different SUPER 8 mini-posters, a COURAGEOUS mini-poster and 2 State Farm ID cards for CARS 2.

Close-up of the CARS 2 cards, front of one and back of the other. You can open them up but I'm not gonna!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Nice. I love promos of any sort.
I can remember when the movie "Independence Day" came out. My local theater cave away little glow in the dark Frisbees that had ID4 stamped on the top of them. I still have it....somewhere.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I went to see BAD TEACHER, a tribulation I MIGHT inflict on my worst enemy if I was feeling particularly malicious, and they were passing out these Target TRANSFORMERS flyers which open up to become a glow-in-the-dark poster.
Fortunately I saw CARS 2 in 3D the day before that, and despite not being a big fan of CARS, I absolutely loved CARS 2.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Which theatre chain is giving these promos away? Cinemark? Edwards?

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
The TRANSFORMERS poster was found at an EMAGINE theater.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Today I went to see LARRY CROWNE and grabbed these things as I fled the theater after being kicked out again. Doesn't everybody text, e-mail, talk, play video games, use the phone as a flashlight to find their dropped change, surf the net, buy off E-bay while watching the movie? Geez - the nerve of those ushers!
The glow-in-the-dark dinosaurs I already had; just using them as paperweights here.

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Is that Cowboys and Alien's card a standard sized trading card or postcard sized?

Willing to trade an extra?

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
Is that Cowboys and Alien's card a standard sized trading card or postcard sized?

Willing to trade an extra?

Mike.

It's just a flimsy piece of paper. 3" x 5" Send me a message and one is yours.

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Cardaddict, I went to the movie last night and they had these out so I grabbed a few myself. Thanks for the offer though.

I was a bit disappointed when I saw they were on a flimsy piece of paper, but I am really interested in this movie, so I picked some up anyway! Smile

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Are all of these freebies from EMAGINE theaters? Or just the Transfornmers poster? Are you getting the other freebies from other chains?

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I got my Cowboys and Aliens item at Regal.

My local theatre has started having a game where you can win movie posters. $3 a ticket though...

Used to be they begged you to take the things...

Mike.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I only go to Emagine and AMC theaters. Most of the freebies are from the AMC chain. I have LOTS of posters from them, my favorite one is from X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I saw a film today, oh boy...
THE TREE OF LIFE with Bradd Pitt. It was either a very good movie or a very bad movie, I can't decide which. But it was definitely a very strange movie.
Picked these up at the theater:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I've been to one AMC theater before, up in Mass. a couple of years ago, but it's almost an hour from my house. I got a 25 dollar gift card and I used it to see Trek 2009. But I did score a couple of those plastic Star Trek/AMC gift cards that were pretty cool.

As for you "scoring" all these poster and other memorabilia...pretty darn cool, Bro.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Today I went to see a very good movie called RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES and picked up these two posters:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Today's fillum was CONAN THE BARBARIAN in 3D, a movie pretty much ruined by the hack and slash editing, the same process that made BATMAN BEGINS a piece of junk.

Anyway, picked this stuff up at the counter:

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Went to see Conan the Barbarian ,

They had Postcard Size Flyers For :
"Dont Be Afraid of the Dark" &nd "30 Minutes or Less"

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Today I saw COLOMBIANA, which I highly recommend, and picked up these DRIVE cards, shown next to a normal trading card for size:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Saw THE THREE MUSKETEERS today, which I greatly enjoyed. Even though these things could never happen in the real world, I didn't care because it was just done so well. Unfortunately the 3D showings were too late for my taste but I did see a beautiful digital print.
Picked up these items at the box office. The PUSS & BOOTS poster says it is a limited edition. They probably only did a million of them, so get them while you can!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My theater was only giving the Puss poster to people who showed their STUBBS CARD which costs I think $12-14 a year.

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Saw THE THREE MUSKETEERS today, which I greatly enjoyed. Even though these things could never happen in the real world, I didn't care because it was just done so well. Unfortunately the 3D showings were too late for my taste but I did see a beautiful digital print.
Picked up these items at the box office. The PUSS & BOOTS poster says it is a limited edition. They probably only did a million of them, so get them while you can!

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post