Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Movie theater free promo items
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie theater free promo items
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I went to see The Force Awakens at an AMC IMAX theater last Sunday and was handed a 9 1/2 x 13 artwork of Rey in the desert with a crashed Star Destroyer half-buried in the background with other ships. It is printed on a thin card stock and numbered "1 of 4" with a blank back.

I had read of different giveaways at different theater chains but did not hear of this one.

quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
Went to see the Force Awakens on Thursday. Not much on the "freebie" table at Regal but they did have really nice "collectible" tickets for "The Good Dinosaur". I'll try and post an image later, but it's basically the same image on the AMC card, only there was no text (other than the movie title) until the bottom of the card which has the "collectible ticket" wording. Nice heavy card stock with a very glossy stock that makes it look really nice.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
My theater states if you see it in IMAX you receive a free print. I saw it, but just in 3D, not IMAX and got nothing. The IMAX so far is almost sold out every time and I hate crowds. There were not many people at the 3D showing so I was able to enjoy the movie.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I went to see The Force Awakens at an AMC IMAX theater last Sunday and was handed a 9 1/2 x 13 artwork of Rey in the desert with a crashed Star Destroyer half-buried in the background with other ships. It is printed on a thin card stock and numbered "1 of 4" with a blank back.

AMC is supposed to be giving out a free print (different one each week) on Sunday to the first 500 people that see Force Awakens at their IMAX. It started 12/20 and ends 1/10.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Saw SW VII on Sunday Dec 27 and got poster 2 of 4. Disappointed in the Movie so won't go see it again. Doubt I'll get the other 3 posters.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I like that poster. I'm going to ask if I can get one without seeing the movie again!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Picked up number 3 of 4 when I went to see THE REVENANT yesterday. They were just laying on the counter. I wanted to snag some more today but it's snowing and I don't feel like driving 30 miles in snow to get a poster.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cardaddict,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
After another poster dry-spell I found this yesterday when I went to see GODS OF EGYPT in 3D IMAX:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Today I went to see THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOOR which I highly recommend you do NOT see, unless you are suffering from insomnia and are seeking a cure (try PAY THE GHOST instead), and found these 2 posters. There is a Batman version also, but to my chagrin they were out of them.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Today I saw ZOOTOPIA in 3D, which I enjoyed, and found 1 of 3 different 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE posters, and got a free Zootopia character pin inside the orange packet. I didn't know there were 2 other Cloverfield posters until after I got back home. I'm going back tomorrow to see the movie and hopefully pick up the other 2 posters:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Went to see 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE today in I-MAX and enjoyed it very much! They had all three poster styles so I completed my collection and also found these James Bond artwork books on the counter waiting just for me!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I saw Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice today and was more than mildly dissapointed, but since I didn't like the last Superman movie, that was no surprise. This poster was given away if you saw the movie in Real 3D, which I did:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Today I saw HELLO, MY NAME IS DORIS. I like Sally Field as an actress, but this lame movie was so boringly predictable it put me right to sleep. However, they had a bunch of these comic books on the counter, so I grabbed a few:

An usher told me HARDCORE HENRY is a very shaky POV movie, so I immediately crossed it off of my to see list.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Today I went to see THE JUNGLE BOOK in 3D IMAX, which I enjoyed very much. It's a true IMAX movie and filled the entire screen for a change. I picked up these Freebies:

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
An usher told me HARDCORE HENRY is a very shaky POV movie, so I immediately crossed it off of my to see list.

The TV ads make it look like a really cheap first-person-shooter game. I think people would get sick trying to view a whole movie from that angle, I can't even watch the minute commercial.

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
There should be some kind of warning for all POV movies so you don't waste your money on them.

Saturday I saw CRIMINAL, a not so good movie with one of my favorite actors, Kevin Costner. I can not recommend it.

But today I saw MIDNIGHT SPECIAL, which was much better, although some of the logic used escapes me. They had this odd sized (approx. 7 5/8" X 21 1/2") Jungle Book poster, which I eagerly grabbed:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Today I saw GREEN ROOM, which I kinda sorta liked, although this one is definitely not for the kiddies. I spotted these in the 3D glasses bin on the way out and the usher kindly gave me one:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Some really great swag pick-ups! I like that Henry comic.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
After a dozen years, my local Showcase Cinemas, here in Warwick, finally had something to give out. And it wasn't even on the front counter, I noticed it behind the main cashiers desk. It was a 11" x 17" poster of the new movie "Ratchet and Claw," by Gramercy Picture, in theaters on 4-29-16 {a little late, huh?}.
Sorry for not having a picture of it. I'll load it to the FB Promo Card group.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I'll have to look for that this weekend. I went to see Captain America Civil War but at a different theater that doesn't have promotional items.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I went for a rare trip to the Cinema to see Captain America and picked up 2 posters for Jungle Book and Zootropolis. Both older films but nice thick paper.

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post