Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Movie theater free promo items

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1981010201/m/4837076506

January 10, 2013, 12:51 AM
NL
Movie theater free promo items
Mailing out cards.

Mr. E you need to contact me via email if you want these cards.
January 10, 2013, 12:03 PM
Mister E.
Miss Nat, Having troubles getting out on e-mail sites. gsetn@yahoo.com

January 19, 2013, 07:16 PM
cardaddict
I am back with a brand new computer that actually works!! (complete silence). Ok, so nobody cares...anyway, went to see THE LAST STAND TODAY and picked these two posters up:

January 25, 2013, 02:00 PM
miket999
Went to see Hansel and Gretel last night (loved the movie btw). Although I did not take a picture or grab any, they had a nice movie poster for the movie...

You might look for them.

Mike.
January 26, 2013, 10:47 AM
KimonSwarts
I love the RUN DIARY..looking quite witty...

Cyprus car rental
January 27, 2013, 07:05 PM
cardaddict
HANSEL & GRETEL is definitely on my list to see, but the 3D showings were all later in the day and I didn't have time.

I was underwhelmed by both THE RUM DIARY poster and movie, although I usually like Johnny Depp's movies.

Went to see ZERO DARK THIRTY today and picked these up. No H&G posters in sight, unfortunately:

February 18, 2013, 05:38 AM
cardaddict
I saw SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK yesterday and found this TOP GUN poster. I've now seen 7 of the 9 Best Picture nominees. Here are the movies that should have been nominated: DJANGO UNCHAINED, SKYFALL, FLIGHT, WRECK IT RALPH, DREDD, TED, SEEKING A FRIEND FOR THE END OF THE WORLD, FOR GREATER GLORY, THE AVENGERS, PROMETHEUS. And the winner is - PROMETHEUS!

February 24, 2013, 05:08 PM
cardaddict
O woe is me, saw the new Die Hard today. Not really a bad movie, they just tried too hard, and it doesn't really work. But I did get some nice posters, so not a total loss:

March 10, 2013, 07:47 PM
cardaddict
Today I saw a GREAT movie called Jack the Giant Slayer in GREAT 3D! Yes, I REALLY liked it! It was, well, GREAT!

Anyway, picked up these posters and card:

Man, Photobucket really sucks now, doesn't it?
March 19, 2013, 01:29 PM
Freddy
Steve,
You get the best promos, brother. Thumb Up
And yes, Photobucket does "suck". I wish this Forum had the ability to download pics directly into it...now that would be sweet.
Fred

March 19, 2013, 05:40 PM
Juelle Lou
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Man, Photobucket really sucks now, doesn't it?

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think so! I never understand why sites make such unnecessary changes like they do Shake Head
April 02, 2013, 05:01 AM
cardaddict
Went to see OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN. I really liked it and found this poster:

I'm getting more used to Photobucket now.
April 21, 2013, 07:47 PM
cardaddict
Today I saw OBLIVION in I-Max! Wow, I liked it a lot and I hope my eardrums stop ringing soon. Grabbed this poster, which is larger than the normal freebies they usually give out:

April 24, 2013, 02:31 PM
Mister E.
The AMC in Methuen, Ma., never has any movie promos. Only displays for upcoming movies.

May 05, 2013, 06:05 PM
cardaddict
Yesterday (Saturday) I went to the AMC to see IRON MAN THREE in 3D, which I enjoyed very much. However, no freebies! Today (Sunday) I went to see MUD, which I predict will be nominated for Best Picture, and was rewarded with these two posters:

May 21, 2013, 07:13 PM
Juelle Lou
I went and saw the new Star Trek movie, it was very enjoyable Smile and I picked up a few of these.

May 22, 2013, 07:00 PM
geoffbovey
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
I went and saw the new Star Trek movie, it was very enjoyable Smile and I picked up a few of these.

What exactly is this??? A poster? Or something else? (Looks too small to be a poster..... Confused )
May 22, 2013, 07:46 PM
Juelle Lou
Hi Geoff,
It's just under 10cm squared, which is just under 4 inches. Not much bigger than a card, as you can tell by the background of the ultra pro pages. They are just a bit thinner than card stock, but thicker than thin paper.
They were on the counter where I purchased my ticket. They were so small and reminded me of a trading card, that I had to grab some. I think I got about six Twak Big Grin

I didn't even make it over to where they keep all the promo posters after the movie. I was too busy thinking about how much I enjoyed it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,
May 22, 2013, 08:01 PM
cardaddict
If you are selling or giving any away please keep me in mind!
May 22, 2013, 09:34 PM
Juelle Lou
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
If you are selling or giving any away please keep me in mind!

No problems, I can send you one for free if you're happy to pay for postage, my email is in the usual place(profile). Smile

That's the main reason I grabbed so many, I thought there might be a couple of people here interested in them.

If anyone else is interested too, just let me know.