Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Movie theater free promo items
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie theater free promo items
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I still don't have a stubs card. I go there so often I'm irked I have to PAY for it! There were a bunch of rolled posters behind the ticket window and I asked the guy what they were. He said, "Puss & Boots posters. You want one?"

Posts: 2507 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I'm getting behind in my movie going ( Did you hear about the butcher who backed into a fan? He got a little behind in his work.) But I was in time to see IN TIME and in time I came to like it. Also picked up this poster. Pics not too good though, sorry:

Posts: 2507 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
....I was in time to see IN TIME and in time I came to like it. Also picked up this poster. Pics not too good though, sorry:...

is this freebie from AMC?

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It looks like some theatres are just giving it away and other theatres say you have to be a Stubbs member. It is free.

quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
quote:
....I was in time to see IN TIME and in time I came to like it. Also picked up this poster. Pics not too good though, sorry:...

is this freebie from AMC?

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
The AMC I go to gives them out for free. I always ask if I can take two or three and they usually say, "Take as many as you want."

posted Hide Post
A few theaters in my town usually have free stuff whenever I go, mini-posters, promo stuff, etc. A few weeks ago I got lucky and they had this available.

It is like a tall piece of cardboard folded in half so there is a portrait on both sides. I think it is meant to be a banner that you can hang with string.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: glim,

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That looks nice. What movie is it for?

posted Hide Post
quote:
That looks nice. What movie is it for?

Are you refering to my post? If so, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt. 2

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yes, I was referring to your post. Sorry, I should have been more specific! I really like those posters, and it's no wonder I didn't recognize them since I am not a Harry Potter fan. Just could not get into the movies, even though I've seen most of them. Haven't read any of the books though.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I got these, of all the places, at my local library Smile

They are postcards size, and as far as I'm aware there are only three in the set. Most of the Colin Farrell ones were gone, I grabbed the last few of them but there were heaps of the other two. I'll have a few up for trade if anyone's interested. Sorry for the bad pic.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have those, let me know!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Hi Cardaddict, I was going to send you an email but you don't have one in your profile. Could you send me an email and we can work something out. Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Today I made a good decision and went to see HUGO in 3D. What a WONDERFUL movie! An instant classic and possibly Scorsese's best movie. Yes, I really think it is that good! I can't recommend it enough! Anyway, you can tell I liked it, and I picked up a couple more posters. I sure hope this MI film is better then 2 and 3, both of which I detested, although I really liked De Palma's take on it. The new one is directed by Brad Bird though, which just about guarantees a good movie.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
So I goes to the movies again, see? And there's nobody else in the whole auditorium but me, see? Just the way I likes it, see? And I sees THE MUPPETS, see? And I laughs and cries and has a good time all by myself, see? Ok, it's a sad story so I grabbed every poster I could get my grubby paws on on the way out, including the new one for Spielberg's TINTIN and some temporary tattoos.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Steve,
You get the coolest movie promotional things. I wish our movie theater did these but they don't.
But then again....I hardly go to the movies. LOL
Merry Christmas,
Fred S
RI

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the FRIGHT NIGHT postcards Juelle!

I think there are 4 cards though. They are numbered on the backs like this; 1 of 4, 3 of 4 and 4 of 4. So we need to look for 2 of 4. The other main characters were the boy's mother and the vampire hunter, so it's probably one of those.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Today I was feeling combative I so went to see WAR HORSE, which I liked a great deal. Picked up these two posters. The MI poster measures 18" x 24", but I still managed to sneak out with 2 of them. Going back tomorrow for more if any are left.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Went to see THE DARKEST HOUR in 3D today (sadly, the poster is more exciting then the movie), was shown a 2D version by mistake, got my whole ticket price refunded and absconded with these posters, including a different version of the MI:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
As always....good hunting.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
This isn't a movie theater promo item, but I didn't know where else to post it. A month or two ago I was at a K-Mart, went to the customer service desk and gave my name and number in case they wanted to let me have their CARS 2 DVD promo stand. When I got home that day a message on my answering machine said "Come and get it!" So I went and got it, just like that, including balloons! Only problem is I can't figure out how to put it back together, but I'm going to store it anyway.