Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Movie theater free promo items

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1981010201/m/4837076506

June 18, 2011, 07:58 PM
cardaddict
Movie theater free promo items
Today I went to see GREEN LANTERN in 3 dimensions and I picked up these freebies:

2 different SUPER 8 mini-posters, a COURAGEOUS mini-poster and 2 State Farm ID cards for CARS 2.

Close-up of the CARS 2 cards, front of one and back of the other. You can open them up but I'm not gonna!

June 19, 2011, 11:01 AM
Freddy
Nice. I love promos of any sort.
I can remember when the movie "Independence Day" came out. My local theater cave away little glow in the dark Frisbees that had ID4 stamped on the top of them. I still have it....somewhere.

July 02, 2011, 07:03 AM
cardaddict
Yesterday I went to see BAD TEACHER, a tribulation I MIGHT inflict on my worst enemy if I was feeling particularly malicious, and they were passing out these Target TRANSFORMERS flyers which open up to become a glow-in-the-dark poster.
Fortunately I saw CARS 2 in 3D the day before that, and despite not being a big fan of CARS, I absolutely loved CARS 2.

July 03, 2011, 08:41 AM
geoffbovey
Which theatre chain is giving these promos away? Cinemark? Edwards?
July 03, 2011, 10:41 AM
cardaddict
The TRANSFORMERS poster was found at an EMAGINE theater.
July 04, 2011, 02:49 PM
cardaddict
Today I went to see LARRY CROWNE and grabbed these things as I fled the theater after being kicked out again. Doesn't everybody text, e-mail, talk, play video games, use the phone as a flashlight to find their dropped change, surf the net, buy off E-bay while watching the movie? Geez - the nerve of those ushers!
The glow-in-the-dark dinosaurs I already had; just using them as paperweights here.

July 04, 2011, 03:57 PM
miket999
Is that Cowboys and Alien's card a standard sized trading card or postcard sized?

Willing to trade an extra?

Mike.
July 04, 2011, 07:28 PM
cardaddict
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
Is that Cowboys and Alien's card a standard sized trading card or postcard sized?

Willing to trade an extra?

Mike.

It's just a flimsy piece of paper. 3" x 5" Send me a message and one is yours.
July 05, 2011, 08:15 AM
miket999
Cardaddict, I went to the movie last night and they had these out so I grabbed a few myself. Thanks for the offer though.

I was a bit disappointed when I saw they were on a flimsy piece of paper, but I am really interested in this movie, so I picked some up anyway! Smile

Mike.
July 05, 2011, 11:07 AM
geoffbovey
Are all of these freebies from EMAGINE theaters? Or just the Transfornmers poster? Are you getting the other freebies from other chains?
July 05, 2011, 01:36 PM
miket999
I got my Cowboys and Aliens item at Regal.

My local theatre has started having a game where you can win movie posters. $3 a ticket though...

Used to be they begged you to take the things...

Mike.
July 05, 2011, 05:20 PM
cardaddict
I only go to Emagine and AMC theaters. Most of the freebies are from the AMC chain. I have LOTS of posters from them, my favorite one is from X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE.
July 30, 2011, 06:24 PM
cardaddict
I saw a film today, oh boy...
THE TREE OF LIFE with Bradd Pitt. It was either a very good movie or a very bad movie, I can't decide which. But it was definitely a very strange movie.
Picked these up at the theater:

July 30, 2011, 08:03 PM
Freddy
I've been to one AMC theater before, up in Mass. a couple of years ago, but it's almost an hour from my house. I got a 25 dollar gift card and I used it to see Trek 2009. But I did score a couple of those plastic Star Trek/AMC gift cards that were pretty cool.

As for you "scoring" all these poster and other memorabilia...pretty darn cool, Bro.

August 06, 2011, 08:33 PM
cardaddict
Today I went to see a very good movie called RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES and picked up these two posters:

August 21, 2011, 06:21 PM
cardaddict
Today's fillum was CONAN THE BARBARIAN in 3D, a movie pretty much ruined by the hack and slash editing, the same process that made BATMAN BEGINS a piece of junk.

Anyway, picked this stuff up at the counter:

August 21, 2011, 06:37 PM
kevin LePore
Went to see Conan the Barbarian ,

They had Postcard Size Flyers For :
"Dont Be Afraid of the Dark" &nd "30 Minutes or Less"

September 17, 2011, 06:29 PM
cardaddict
Today I saw COLOMBIANA, which I highly recommend, and picked up these DRIVE cards, shown next to a normal trading card for size:

October 29, 2011, 07:43 PM
cardaddict
Saw THE THREE MUSKETEERS today, which I greatly enjoyed. Even though these things could never happen in the real world, I didn't care because it was just done so well. Unfortunately the 3D showings were too late for my taste but I did see a beautiful digital print.
Picked up these items at the box office. The PUSS & BOOTS poster says it is a limited edition. They probably only did a million of them, so get them while you can!

October 30, 2011, 06:17 PM
FRANK AMICO
My theater was only giving the Puss poster to people who showed their STUBBS CARD which costs I think $12-14 a year.

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Saw THE THREE MUSKETEERS today, which I greatly enjoyed. Even though these things could never happen in the real world, I didn't care because it was just done so well. Unfortunately the 3D showings were too late for my taste but I did see a beautiful digital print.
Picked up these items at the box office. The PUSS & BOOTS poster says it is a limited edition. They probably only did a million of them, so get them while you can!