Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AVENGERS CANS
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
AVENGERS DR PEPPER SODA CANS ARE OUT---Picked up THE BLACK WIDOW and THE HULK but the rest are out as well. If anyone wants to bring full unopened cans of the other charactefrs to Philly let me know and we can just swap can for can. (I WILL BE THERE SUNDAY ONLY) Looks like you only get one character per box and I don't want to drink too much soda.

Hope it does not rain but so far it doesn't look great for clear skies.

I also have older super hero and other celebrity cans (opened and drained) which I am also willing to trade for these new cans. I don't plan on bringing them unless requested so write me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FRANK AMICO,

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
are these cans randomized in the same box, or all the same in each box?

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I hate Dr Pepper. I'll have to get the word out at work.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
DrPepper.com has 8 different Avengers cans listed and a game.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
If they are like the previous Dr. Pepper cans, all the cans in the pack are the same, and there will be one character in your area that's almost impossible to find. That's been my experience so far anyway.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yea it looks like all the cans are the same in the box you buy so 8 cases of soda is a lot of sugar especially if you are the only person drinking them. Never did find that Red Skull can from the Cap film. At least these turned up. I never did see the X-Men cans from years ago selling in my area either. No one contaced me about a swap but I will bring a couple sealed cans with me anyway to the Philly Show on Sunday just in case.

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
If they are like the previous Dr. Pepper cans, all the cans in the pack are the same, and there will be one character in your area that's almost impossible to find. That's been my experience so far anyway.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
The Red Skull was on the Cherry 7-UP cans. I just looked and I haven't even opened the 12-pack up yet. I bought so much sody pop I was in a sugar daze for weeks, and still have more then one 12-pack I haven't touched yet. I never did complete the Iron Man set, but I think I have all the others. Now to start working on The Avengers. No wonder I'm always broke!

I usually put 2 unopened cans aside and hope they never spring a leak, and I save all the opened cans after rinsing them out.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I never saw any Captain America cans, with the exception of a Canadian series up for auction.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Here's a picture of 4 of the cans. Like I said, my Red Skull can is still sealed:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
So far I've found THE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, LOKI and IRON MAN. Four more to go. Each store I checked had all the same characters per type of Dr. Pepper, which makes it harder to find them all in one place. I know it's easier to distribute them like that but it also makes collecting them harder.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have to ask do they show the pictures of the cans on the outside of the box because I have been to like 5 different stores and non of the 12 or 24 pack have the pictures of the avengers I was lucky today when I checked walmart and found a 6 pack of Thor but I did my check and non of the packs have them. Just wondering if this is a New Hampshire thing...or if other people can't find them either

Posts: 5 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I checked Wal Mart in Methuen, Ma. There is an ad for the Avenger items and no cans yet. K Mart has more Avenger items listed in their flyer, I have not gone to the Salem, N.H. store yet. And Welcome Tammy to the NSU family !!!!!!!!!!! Clap

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the help. I posted on yahoo answers first and people were so rude.

I got the Thor can over here in Manchester at walmart they were in a 6 pack but that was the only one they had. they advertised them but nothing.

Thanks for the welcome!!!!

Posts: 5 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Just poke out the carry handle and rotate the can until you see what character is on it, while the customers walking by wonder what you are doing. (Just ignore them, I do!)

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I headed to another walmart and found the diet dr pepper that was the only one they had and I bought one but there was no avengers can in it. It had the logo but no can...

Just poke out the carry handle and rotate the can until you see what character is on it, while the customers walking by wonder what you are doing. (Just ignore them, I do!)

lol I didnt even think about that but is all the cans have them on there or just one...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I roll the cans too, but I don't drink DR Pepper. Yuck! Luckily, I can find some lying around work. Found Iron Man and Hulk so far.

That's really messed up Tammy, to have the advertising on the box, but no cans.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am going to be searching today but I am hoping it is not like yesterday. I thought there was supposed to be a can in every box but I guess not.

I am going to roll the cans like you guys did. I hope I can find some. *fingers crossed*

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
so all I can find is the diet dr pepper. I bought 2 cases from 2 different stores and got nothing in both of them ...

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Avengers pictures are on the box. If there are no pictures promoting the movie on the box the cans are probably not inside them. I use the window as well to see which cans are in the box. They will be around sooner or later but it helps to be in an area with a lot of soda traffic. Some cans have so far been elusive.

quote:
Originally posted by tammy:
so all I can find is the diet dr pepper. I bought 2 cases from 2 different stores and got nothing in both of them ...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tammy:

You gotta peak inside.

I got my 3rd can yesterday at work. Keeping an eye out for singles of what I don't have, but I'm rarely go to stores. BTW, the movie is awesome!