Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    New Harry Potter Chocolate Frog Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Harry Potter Chocolate Frog Cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Don

I did see your thread when I was contemplating where to post my card details. In the end I went with this thread simply because I could see that the images were similar. perhaps the two threads should be cross referenced? I won't be able to get any more cards until at least Thursday of next week so I wont's know for sure if this is the only type. We need someone else from the UK to let us know what cards they have got.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I wanted to start a new thread because this is a new set. But any comments here or up there are welcome.
I call this the Gilderoy Lockhart set, because I have six of his cards now, can't pull anything else.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You would think with all the paintings they could at least change some of the images. They slightly change the color on the back and pass it off as a new card. Like what Topps does with GARBAGE PAIL KIDS. I must have the same image on some cards 6 or 7 times with different borders. I guess Gilderoy is a common card as I got one as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
I wanted to start a new thread because this is a new set. But any comments here or up there are welcome.
I call this the Gilderoy Lockhart set, because I have six of his cards now, can't pull anything else.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are 3 new white border cards to add to the list. These are marked s19 on the back. Devlin Whitehorn, Artemisia Lufkin and Bertie Bott. It's possible there are more new ones but these are the only ones I've seen so far.

new potter by Greg Geerts, on Flickr

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Here we go again. The chase is on! Where did you find these Greg?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I resorted to Ebay for these. They were pretty reasonable considering that, with my luck, I probably would have paid more trying to get them from packs. That's how I found these. I ran across them while looking for the white border Helga Hufflepuff that I still need.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I will check my daughter’s box. She had several dupes. We got a box on about 12 chocolate frogs with white boarded cards a few months back.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Nope. She is missing Helga Hufflepuff too.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Nope. She is missing Helga Hufflepuff too.

Thanks for checking. Does she need any others?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Saw these at a local candy store over the weekend, $ 3.50 a pack.

How many different ones are there in the new set ?

How many different Frog cards are there, total, from all of the various series ? I have never collected these.

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
There are US chocolate frog and other country chocolate frogs as well.
Series I had 24 black boarded back
4 update cards (no numbers The Potter family is the only card with a red boarder back).
series II had 12 cards (purple back)
White Boarder so far is up to 11 (not numbered).
SO, 51 US cards that I know of.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: barobehere,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have some New Zealand ones somewhere,I will search them out and put up a description

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
There is currently a set of stickers called Harry Potter Chocolate Creatures. There are a total of six different stickers. I have 2 so far.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found these at a local grocery store yesterday at $2.99 per pack. With the lack of cards in cereal over the past year I was hungry for a pack-pulled card of any kind so I bought one and got the Artemisia Lufkin one.

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Geerts:
quote:

I resorted to Ebay for these. They were pretty reasonable considering that, with my luck, I probably would have paid more trying to get them from packs. That's how I found these. I ran across them while looking for the white border Helga Hufflepuff that I still need.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Walgreens has the chocolate frogs on sale for 1.99 this week. I grabbed the last 4 from my store and got 2 of the 6 we needed.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought what was advertised as a couple of the older packs off Amazon from two different dealers. They sent me packs of the most recent release instead. I still used them as extra stocking stuffers for my nieces and nephews.

I'll check Walgreens in my area.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Last Friday, I dropped off my niece at the movie theater in a local mall. I wandered the mall until my brother was on the way and stopped in the candy store. They had two open boxes of Chocolate Frogs. They didn't have any a few weeks ago. I thought the s19 series was no longer available so I bought a pack to see if it was a new series. I got a "Hengist of Woodcroft" card with "s20" on the back. It was $4.99 and the wrapper was dark blue/purple on the ends. I might find them cheaper at another candy store.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My niece needed a ride to a mall to see a movie with her friends yesterday. Suddenly, she's 13 and seeing a movie with Dad and Uncle Jess is kind of a drag. It's okay. I'm not bitter. I wandered the mall for two and half hours and stopped in the candy store. "The Rubber Band Man" was playing inside. One of the employees said if your feet don't tap to that song, you don't have a soul. He was right about that but then he tried to tell me it was Earth, Wind, and Fire. I wasn't going to just stand there and let that go. I had to tell him that was The Spinners.

Anyway, I bought a Harry Potter Chocolate Frog (still $4.99) to kill 10 seconds of the 2 1/2 hours and got the "Godric Gryffindor" card. Man, that piece of chocolate is small.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There's also a 4-sticker set in "Harry Potter Chocolate Crest" candy (dated 2020). The wrappers have gold tops and bottoms. Here's one:

quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
There is currently a set of stickers called Harry Potter Chocolate Creatures. There are a total of six different stickers. I have 2 so far.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was at the mall today and saw that the candy store had sold out of the Chocolate Frogs ($4.99 each) and Chocolate Crests ($2.99 each). They had at least a box of each a few days before Christmas. They are faster sellers than I thought even at $4.99 which is the highest price I've seen them sell for in the U.S.