Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    New Harry Potter Chocolate Frog Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Harry Potter Chocolate Frog Cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I found some new Harry Potter chocolate frogs with new (dated 2017) wizard cards. The ones I bought were both the same (my usual luck) but from what I've been able to find, there are five cards this time.

Albus Dumbledore
Godric Gryffindor
Helga Hufflepuff
Rowena Ravenclaw
Salazar Slytherin

It seems this time they used actual photographs to make the cards instead of the cartoony style of the previous ones. I couldn't get them to scan very well as I left them sealed but I think you get the idea.

Potter frog by Greg Geerts, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Greg Geerts,

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Greg

Are they 5 sided (pentagon shaped) and nearly 4inches across at their widest part. If so I believe there is a sixth card which is Golden coloured as opposed to the Purple colour of these 5 and that they are obtainable only at the Warner Bros studio shop. In the UK at the Harry Potter Studio Tour shop.

Also note that according to the card it is Godric not Godrick but that is only a minor point.

The 5 cards I have don't appear to be dated as such. In the small print on the back of the card two cards show (s16) and three cards show (s17)

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No, these are regular 2.5 x 3.5 cards.
The back of the Gryffindor card is marked (s17)
The back of the wrapper states Copyright 2017 by the Jelly Belly Candy Company. hopefully I can get my scan uploaded soon.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Geerts:
The back of the wrapper states Copyright 2017 by the Jelly Belly Candy Company. hopefully I can get my scan uploaded soon.

Thanks Greg, some more cards to look for.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I managed to pick up all five...

frog by Greg Geerts, on Flickr

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Greg Geerts,

Where do you buy those? I'm in Gainesville, FL this week. I went to a Wal-Mart and a Target but didn't see Chocolate Frogs - no chocolate amphibian of any kind.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Geerts:

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In PA I found them at Five Below. Bought 5 and got all 5 cards. That's a first.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I too bought the packs at a Five Below and I got the set of 5 from a seller on Ebay.

I can't say for sure about these but I have seen the older Chocolate Frog packs at a
Books-A-Milion store

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Okay, I stopped by the Pool Noodle capital of Crystal Lake - also known as 5 Below.
Bought 6 packs, didn't think I'd be as lucky as RevJay.
Got Rowena Ravenclaw, Godric Gryfindor and 4 Salazar Slytherin. One of the Salazars was damaged as well. Cost almost $20, that's a lot of pool noodles...
Nice cards though. like the photos better than the drawings. Anyone needs a Salazar and has an extra Dumbledore or Hufflepuff, let me know.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks RevJay, Greg Geerts, and Don Norton,

I don't know what Five Below is but will ask the locals. There is a Books-A-Million near where I'm staying, though. I'll check that out.

Thanks again,

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Picked up a few packs. Like the wrapper, and the photos. Collation is poor. Got two Dumbledore. A bit pricey.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I've always wanted to buy these but they're $5 each. Considering you're eating half of what you buy it's rather expensive.

They've been out a few years so do they release a different set of 5 cards each year? Or is this the whole set?

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
The first series came out several years ago, artwork is good, all cards are lenticular. This new set with 5 cards is first with photos, also lenticular.
I bought the first series at Bookstores, Borders and Barnes and Noble years ago.I recently saw the first series on sale at Barnes and Noble. At the 5 Below in my town, they sell the first series as well as the new ones. Price is$2.99 per pack, not bad to pay for an insert card. Candy is chocolate with rice krispie type cereal added, quite tasty.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did find a pack at the Books-A-Million in Gainesville. It wasn't priced but it must've been less than $3 because I bought it with a $2.25 Sunkist candy pack and I got change from a $5. I gave it to my youngest niece because she's a big Harry Potter fan.

I'll look for packs at Barnes & Noble.

Thanks for the info, everybody.

Jess

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
The first series came out several years ago, artwork is good, all cards are lenticular. This new set with 5 cards is first with photos, also lenticular.

Thanks for the info Don. Thumb Up

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I did find a pack at the Books-A-Million in Gainesville. It wasn't priced but it must've been less than $3 because I bought it with a $2.25 Sunkist candy pack and I got change from a $5.

I'm guessing they must be pricer in the UK due to import. Cheapest I've found online (Not seem then in stores) is £5-7 per frog (Regular packs). Heres to hoping... Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't see them at a local Barnes & Noble but find a whole box of them at Lolli & Pops, a candy store in Oakridge Mall, San Jose, CA. The packs were $4 each.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone in the USA want to trade these? I have an extra Rowena and Salazar and I am looking for GODRIC AND HELGA. I also have a LARGE list of other stuff for trade. Also LOT OF RARE POTTER NON-CARD ITEMS. If u are not from the USA please send me a list of other things u have to trade. I do not mind trading internationally but it would have to be for more than 2 cards to make it worthwhile.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Whilst in my local Sainsbury's store today I came across a display of Harry Potter products in the toy section an area I do not frequent very often and discovered that they had on sale some of these Frog cards at £3.50 a packet. I bought one of each and this is what they contained:-

Frog Card
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

I have also included a scan of the packet which states that it is made made Jelly Belly under licence.

Packet front:-

[IMG:left] [/url[/IMG]

Mystery Animal sticker:-

[IMG:left][url=https://postimg.cc/sM57wH8S]

and its wrapper:-

[IMG:left][url=https://postimg.cc/f3KXhtMR]
[/IMG]

The sticker has plain back.

Apologies for the torn wrapper and again the product is produced by Jelly Belly under licence.

regards

John

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
John, in News and Rumors up above, I mention this new series. Interesting yours has a blue border, the ones I bought at Barnes and Noble have a white border and I have heard of a purple border on these from a Walgreens drugstore.
I bought some more yesterday and got the same one you show above, and all 4 of the Hogwarts founders, as shown in the blue series at the top of this thread are also included in this set, so we know of 7