Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    7-11 Slurpee cup promotions for 2010
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7-11 Slurpee cup promotions for 2010
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
I thought I would repeat what I did last year (see the original thread here) and start a new thread for 2010 Slurpee promotions. Below, I will post new links to the cups as they start. I have started with the Iron Man 2 promo, including a link to the original thread started recently by "spidergoblin". Happy hunting!.....Geoff

SLURPEE HOME PAGE

IRON MAN 2:

See the cups here

spidergoblin's original thread

Zynga:

This blog has an article about this promotion that featured cups from Yoville, Farmville, amd Mafia Wars.

Wrestling:

Business Wire posted a News Release about the WWE Cup promotion on July 26th, and this image features the cups.

KISS:

This Facebook page features the cups. This apprears to be a Big Gulp promo only with no associated Slurpee cups involved.

ELECTRONIC ARTS:

This very new promotion features 3-D lenticular cups with images from some new video games due for upcoming release. Because this promotion is very new, I couldn’t find any official info on it yet, but the cups are already trickling into the stores. I have two of the three cups I listed below – but I am not sure if there are more than three cups to the set. All I can post for links at the moment are random sites from other fans who have found the cups.

This is an article from The Fight Nerd: Emelianeko vs. Couture MMA
This is just an image from a random Google search: Assassin’s Creed
Another random Google Image result: Medal of Honor – one side, the other side

This message has been edited. Last edited by: geoffbovey,

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I collect all of the 7-11 Lenticular cups, so I'll be checking back here often. Any idea what the next series will be after Iron Man 2?

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard: Any idea what the next series will be after Iron Man 2?

Funny you should ask....REALLY funny!! I asked that same question this past Thursday to the man ringing up my sale when I bought a drink and a king size Reese's to keep myself awake in bad traffic. No word of a lie, these are DIRECT quotes, this is what happened:

Me: "Excuse me; do you know when this promotion ends?"

Cash Register 7-11 Dude: "Yes!" [$1.00 discount suddenly applied to my sale]

Me: [after 1-min pause, not noticing discount] "Uh, Sir, when does the promotion end? The Slurpee Iron Man promotion?"

Cash Register 7-11 Dude: "Yes, I give promotion! 1 dollar." [points at display showing discount]

Me: "Yes, uhhhhh, thank you! But WHEN - DOES - THIS - PROMOTION - END??" [realizing he isn't English, I tap on my Big Gulp on Mickey Rourke's face and place a lot of emphasis on my words]

Cash Register 7-11 Dude: "Ohhhhhh. No no - I don't know."

Me: [smiling, leaving] "Thank you."

I swear I am not making this up. I realize that 7-11 has an old, worn-out cliche of having non-English employees, but in this case it wound up being true and this nice gentleman - I honestly thought he spoke English.

As of now, I still don't know the answer because usually each 7-11 cup promotion lasts a month and changes as the month changes.

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
you could almost switch promotion for baseball ala Abbott & Costellos' whose on first routine Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Original post updated....

posted Hide Post
kiss should be up next after the wrestling
i posted a pic on my facebook page

Posts: 91 | Location: ma | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spaceace35:
kiss should be up next after the wrestling
i posted a pic on my facebook page

Thanks for reminding me to update this thread. I have kinda forgotten about it because I have been largely unimpressed with this year's overall promotions. Iron Man 2 being the only film featured on cups has been a dissapointment compared to previous years when 3, 4, or more films were featured......

Original post updated....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: geoffbovey,

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
original post updated with links for the KISS Big Gulp promo and the new EA Slurpee cup promo

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
liking the Kiss cups,only wish there was a 7-11 in town Frown
time to call my family Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
liking the Kiss cups,only wish there was a 7-11 in town Frown
time to call my family Big Grin

better call soon they are almost over

Posts: 91 | Location: ma | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Be on the lookout for the 2011 thread. The Mighty Thor is comin'......

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
Be on the lookout for the 2011 thread. The Mighty Thor is comin'......

I posted on your other thread....it's already here in Rhode Island.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
IRON MAN 2 Shlurrpie Shtuff:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Nice pic.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post