Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
7-11 Slurpee cup promotions for 2010

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1981010201/m/398103234

May 01, 2010, 03:16 PM
geoffbovey
7-11 Slurpee cup promotions for 2010
I thought I would repeat what I did last year (see the original thread here) and start a new thread for 2010 Slurpee promotions. Below, I will post new links to the cups as they start. I have started with the Iron Man 2 promo, including a link to the original thread started recently by "spidergoblin". Happy hunting!.....Geoff

SLURPEE HOME PAGE

IRON MAN 2:

See the cups here

spidergoblin's original thread

Zynga:

This blog has an article about this promotion that featured cups from Yoville, Farmville, amd Mafia Wars.

Wrestling:

Business Wire posted a News Release about the WWE Cup promotion on July 26th, and this image features the cups.

KISS:

This Facebook page features the cups. This apprears to be a Big Gulp promo only with no associated Slurpee cups involved.

ELECTRONIC ARTS:

This very new promotion features 3-D lenticular cups with images from some new video games due for upcoming release. Because this promotion is very new, I couldn’t find any official info on it yet, but the cups are already trickling into the stores. I have two of the three cups I listed below – but I am not sure if there are more than three cups to the set. All I can post for links at the moment are random sites from other fans who have found the cups.

This is an article from The Fight Nerd: Emelianeko vs. Couture MMA
This is just an image from a random Google search: Assassin’s Creed
Another random Google Image result: Medal of Honor – one side, the other side

This message has been edited. Last edited by: geoffbovey,
May 01, 2010, 06:06 PM
mintoncard
Thanks for the info. I collect all of the 7-11 Lenticular cups, so I'll be checking back here often. Any idea what the next series will be after Iron Man 2?
May 02, 2010, 10:53 PM
geoffbovey
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard: Any idea what the next series will be after Iron Man 2?

Funny you should ask....REALLY funny!! I asked that same question this past Thursday to the man ringing up my sale when I bought a drink and a king size Reese's to keep myself awake in bad traffic. No word of a lie, these are DIRECT quotes, this is what happened:

Me: "Excuse me; do you know when this promotion ends?"

Cash Register 7-11 Dude: "Yes!" [$1.00 discount suddenly applied to my sale]

Me: [after 1-min pause, not noticing discount] "Uh, Sir, when does the promotion end? The Slurpee Iron Man promotion?"

Cash Register 7-11 Dude: "Yes, I give promotion! 1 dollar." [points at display showing discount]

Me: "Yes, uhhhhh, thank you! But WHEN - DOES - THIS - PROMOTION - END??" [realizing he isn't English, I tap on my Big Gulp on Mickey Rourke's face and place a lot of emphasis on my words]

Cash Register 7-11 Dude: "Ohhhhhh. No no - I don't know."

Me: [smiling, leaving] "Thank you."

I swear I am not making this up. I realize that 7-11 has an old, worn-out cliche of having non-English employees, but in this case it wound up being true and this nice gentleman - I honestly thought he spoke English.

As of now, I still don't know the answer because usually each 7-11 cup promotion lasts a month and changes as the month changes.

Geoff
May 02, 2010, 11:03 PM
spidergoblin
you could almost switch promotion for baseball ala Abbott & Costellos' whose on first routine Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
June 14, 2010, 04:36 AM
geoffbovey
Original post updated....
August 17, 2010, 05:54 PM
spaceace35
kiss should be up next after the wrestling
i posted a pic on my facebook page

August 18, 2010, 07:20 AM
geoffbovey
quote:
Originally posted by spaceace35:
kiss should be up next after the wrestling
i posted a pic on my facebook page

Thanks for reminding me to update this thread. I have kinda forgotten about it because I have been largely unimpressed with this year's overall promotions. Iron Man 2 being the only film featured on cups has been a dissapointment compared to previous years when 3, 4, or more films were featured......

Original post updated....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: geoffbovey,
September 27, 2010, 02:47 PM
geoffbovey
original post updated with links for the KISS Big Gulp promo and the new EA Slurpee cup promo
September 27, 2010, 11:11 PM
spidergoblin
liking the Kiss cups,only wish there was a 7-11 in town Frown
time to call my family Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
September 28, 2010, 12:54 PM
spaceace35
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
liking the Kiss cups,only wish there was a 7-11 in town Frown
time to call my family Big Grin

better call soon they are almost over

March 26, 2011, 06:44 PM
geoffbovey
Be on the lookout for the 2011 thread. The Mighty Thor is comin'......
March 28, 2011, 06:55 PM
Freddy
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
Be on the lookout for the 2011 thread. The Mighty Thor is comin'......

I posted on your other thread....it's already here in Rhode Island.

April 03, 2011, 07:10 PM
cardaddict
IRON MAN 2 Shlurrpie Shtuff:

April 03, 2011, 08:54 PM
Freddy
Nice pic.