Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cards in "One Direction" CD
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
My daughter bought a CD by the British boy band One Direction
the other night and it contained a pack of 5 trading cards.
They are normal card-sized, unnumbered and have a photo of the
the singer on the front and some trivia about him on the back.
The wrapper had a sticker mentioning that the cards were inside
and that they were a Wal-Mart exclusive. I can post a scan of
them if anyone would like to see them.

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Greg,

Nice find. My son buys a lot of music from metal bands and once in a while he will show me a card or so that came with a CD. It is a good marketing tool, just never sure if it is worth sharing the finds with everyone.

I have never heard of One Direction and I personally will not be picking up the CD for the cards! Smile

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I'd like see the One Direction cards, Greg.
I'm always interested in pretty much any kind of card that comes from record albums, videos, DVDs, cereal boxes etc., whatever the subject. Definitely one of my earliest joys in life were the Star Wars cards found in Wonder Bread and various cereal boxes back in 1977-78.

I'd also be grateful to see those metal cards from your son's CDs, Mike, and I'm sure I wouldn't be alone. Your son may be an example of a vanishing breed of young people, that is, those who save the packaging their CDs come in, or those who buy CDs at all, haha. I've known some people who'll buy a stack of CDs, put the discs in a CD wallet, and throw the case and artwork away, never mind some card that might have come with it. Sacrilege!

I've been wanting to post pictures of some of these kinds of oddball cards I've acquired over the years, to show them off sure, but more often just to see if anyone else collected them (and if they have ones that I don't).

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here you go chesspieceface. Like Mike, I'd never heard of them before
my daughter came home with the CD, just a nice little bonus for me! Smile

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Thanks Greg, nice cards. Those are some of the most detailed card backs I've ever seen!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

I'd also be grateful to see those metal cards from your son's CDs, Mike, and I'm sure I wouldn't be alone. Your son may be an example of a vanishing breed of young people, that is, those who save the packaging their CDs come in, or those who buy CDs at all, haha. I've known some people who'll buy a stack of CDs, put the discs in a CD wallet, and throw the case and artwork away, never mind some card that might have come with it. Sacrilege!

That's horrifying!! The big reason I still buy CDs is because I like the reading the booklets inside, half the time they are as important as the music to me Smile

Must be a US thing though, I've never pulled any cards or anything like that out of cds here in Australia. More likely to get trading cards or weird little collectables like that in all the special collectors editions of PC and Console games. Which my brother has a whole draw full of Roll Eyes Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post