Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

D23 2015 Expo Card Set
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
A 30 card set has been created for the 2015 Disney D23 expo. You get a pack of cards with the souvenir/program book. Others are randomly given out during the weekend. I haven't seen too many images yet but I have seen R2D2 and C3PO as well as "traditional" Disney characters like Chip & Dale.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
They are beauties. It's looks like they are as follows:

3 piece Star Wars Puzzle (Vader, R2, 3PO)
3 piece Woody Buzz and Jessie Toy Story Puzzle
Cap and Iron Man Puzzle
Figment and Dreamfinder Puzzle
Chip and Dale puzzle
Pumbaa and Timon puzzle
Tweedledee and Tweedledum Puzzle
Jiminy Cricket and Blue Fairy Puzzle
Maleficent and Good Fairies Puzzle
Hyacinth Hippo and Ali Gator Puzzle
Hatbox Ghost
Olaf
Ariel
Hippo from It's A Small World
Elliott
Launchpad McQuack
Jose
Oswald the Rabbit

Pretty, pretty cool...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
I'm not at the D23 Expo, so this may not be entirely correct, but apparently packs of 6 cards are inserted into each of the souvenir guides. Also, it seems that some cards are only being handed out by staff members on certain days. The D23 twitter announced the Buzz Lightyear card was available on Friday and, the It's a Small World hippo and the Hatbox Ghost were announced yesterday.

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Here's an image of the checklist:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: The Mouseketeer,

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that, Mouseketeer.
I've seen them all now beside "Elliott". That's the only one that hasn't popped up yet.

So all in all, it's two 3 piece puzzles, eight 2 piece puzzles, and eight single subjects.

I've ordered 5 pack of 6 cards (so 30 cards in all), but I'll be glad if I get even half the set. I'm really hoping for the Star Wars trio.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
A different set of cards featuring Olaf from Frozen was also passed out at the D23 Expo.

Edited to add: I believe this set was also given away at a previous D23 Expo.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: The Mouseketeer,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are quite a few 30 card sets "you know where"

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Almost all of the cards were part of the 6 card packs except for those specifically handed out various times.

These were the hardest to get that were distributed around the exhibit hall

Vader
Hatbox Ghost
Hippo from Small World
Launchpad McQuack

Sunday was a zoo to put it mildly..... Mad

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the cards #2 and #3 from the Silly Symphony set given out at D23 this past weekend. I don't know if it the only way they were distributed, but the Ebay seller who attended told me that the cards were found one per seat at a live performance of a large orchestra accompanying 6 vintage Silly Symphony animated cartoon shorts that were being projected at the same time.

And here's #1 in the set from the San Diego comic-con last month. It was handed to me by a Disney worker while I was in the Adult Swim line. They told us the other two would be issued at the then upcoming Disney D23 convention in Anaheim, and it was true.

These promote a soon to be released remastered high end audio vinyl soundtrack set for the original Silly Symphonies animated shorts of the 1930's. The orchestra that played on these new recordings is the same one that just played live at D23. One of the performances was uploaded to YouTube and can be viewed there. Pretty cool. Just search "D23 Silly Symphony" if you'd like to see it, and it should pop right up.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I recently started collecting these, and have found all except Launchpad McQuack. Looks like there was one on ebay 2 months ago.

Can anyone assist on this ? if so, please post here. Thanks !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Here are the cards #2 and #3 from the Silly Symphony set given out at D23 this past weekend. I don't know if it the only way they were distributed, but the Ebay seller who attended told me that the cards were found one per seat at a live performance of a large orchestra accompanying 6 vintage Silly Symphony animated cartoon shorts that were being projected at the same time.

And here's #1 in the set from the San Diego comic-con last month. It was handed to me by a Disney worker while I was in the Adult Swim line. They told us the other two would be issued at the then upcoming Disney D23 convention in Anaheim, and it was true.

These promote a soon to be released remastered high end audio vinyl soundtrack set for the original Silly Symphonies animated shorts of the 1930's. The orchestra that played on these new recordings is the same one that just played live at D23. One of the performances was uploaded to YouTube and can be viewed there. Pretty cool. Just search "D23 Silly Symphony" if you'd like to see it, and it should pop right up.

The greed of Photobucket has struck!

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So I managed to complete a set of these within a few days' time, from 3 ebay auctions. Wasn't that hard.

Unfortunately, right after the fact, someone put a full set on ebay for $ 30, about 1/3 of what I paid.

What do they say about waiting ? Frown

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
The greed of Photobucket has struck!

Yeah, I have IMGUR now, and it's great.
I was always the kind of guy who left all pictures in my posts up (even if I didn't have the cards anymore) so that anyone who happened on the old threads, perhaps through a search of something they'd newly discovered, could see the cards and that might help them out.

At some point, I'll go back and add some of the pictures I still have to imgur and fill in some of the newly made blanks here, but time is tight, as always. Hopefully, in some cases I was able to paint a picture with words.
Big Grin