Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cards in toys
 Login/Join

posted
Just out in stores are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Comic Book Figures. So far I have only seen the four Turtles figures. They are issued with a card. The upper front left of the card says Nickelodeon with a black background and a green action drawing. The rear of the cards has the figure's name, a battle scene drawn in black and white with a green border.

From 2013: Arby's Ocean Pearl five figures. I found one with a clam shell container. Inside the clam shell were 12 round cards approximately one inch in diameter featuring nice photos of fish and mammals. The good information on the backs were from the Encyclopedia Britannica that was involved in the promotion. I do not know if the other four toys were also clam shells and if they were; if they had cards, how many, and if they were different. If each had 12 that would be a 60 card set. Additional information anyone.

From 2013: McDonalds Power Rangers Megaforce- There were five figures and each comes with a numbered card game card with a photo of the figure. The back is just the card game name. Nice cards.

Posts: 19 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The 2013 Arby's Ocean promotion only had cards with the clam shell. The other toys were puzzle, pop-up book, & glow in the dark shapes.

However, the older Arby toys from Discovery Kids had 4 toys per promotion; each having a card related to that particular toy - then all 4 backs combined to form a 4-piece picture.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In stores now is a series of die-cast cars called "Monster 500". I think there are 8 different so far (similar to the old Rat Fink art/car designs) and they each come with a trading card.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
When TERMINATOR SALVATION came out, some of the action figures had trading cards included. I bought a few of them but never opened them so have no idea how many different cards were done.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Plenty of cards were issued with Johnny Lightning Die-Cast Metal cars in the 1990's. They were like Hot Wheels but more expensive and there were cards for Austin Powers and classic TV series like The Monkees and the The Partridge family, to name a few.

There were Star Wars Galaxy cards issued with the line on Star Wars Bend 'Ems Figures in the 1990's and 4 Topps Widevision Cards issued with a replica set of 4 original 1977 Star Wars figures, also issued in the 1990's. Some Hasbro Star Wars Vehicles and Galoob Micro Machines playsets came with Widevision Promo cards during that same era.

There were also a lot of Marvel Super Heroes and Star Trek cards that came with those action figures of the 1990's. Some of my favorites are the lenticular cards with John Byrne art that came with the Alpha Flight two-figure sets. There were three of those in all, so three cards.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post