Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    “The Walking Dead”: FREE bookmark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“The Walking Dead”: FREE bookmark
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
For those of you “hungry” for something…..ANYTHING….new, especially from our favorite shows and movies, here’s a cool freebie I discovered by accident….

I went to a local gaming shop yesterday that specializes in all things TCG, comics, board games, and role playing games. I was just looking for some clearanced items. They used to dabble in non-sports cards many years ago, but like most traditional store-front dealers, got out of it a long time ago. The store currently has both versions of the new Walking Dead board game from Cryptozoic, and the owners are official dealers for Cryptozoic as well. They often host World of Warcraft tournaments in their store (there was one going on went I went in yesterday).

As far as new cards go, they sell mostly Magic and WoW, and everything else is clearance. BUT, like most comic book dealers (they only do periodic retail, nothing used or specialty/one-shot-related), they also have a regular smattering of the oversized, comic book promo cards that advertise upcoming titles. I usually steer clear of those as they are usually designed on cheaper card stock than normal.

Now about the bookmarks….. There was a small pile of bookmarks advertising the current season of The Walking Dead at the cash register. The book mark is printed on high-quality card stock – a nice gloss surface on a hard, card stock comparable to standard trading card printing materials. Very nice indeed! The book mark does not appear to be printed by Cryptozoic (the card dealer creating the much-delayed WD cards), but it does have copyright info related to AMC and the comic book author, Robert Kirkman. I picked up two book marks so you could see both the front and back sides in the image below…… A link to a hi-rez version of the image is underneath.

HI-REZ

Happy hunting!

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Nice. Thanks for posting this.
I'll have to check out or local Newbury Comics stores.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
My comic book store had those a couple of weeks ago. I took a few but now I can't find them!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Editor-in-Chief
Picture of A_Biegel
posted Hide Post
Read all about them in the next issue of Non-Bookmark Update. Big Grin
~Alan

Posts: 189 | Location: Bayonne, NJ USA | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post