Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Captain Crunch Retro Cards
 Login/Join

posted
On the back of Retro Box Captain Cruch cereals are cards you can cut off. They are about post card size. I think they're kinda cool looking. There are six cards total with 2 cards on the box backs (2 different cards on regular, 2 different on Peanut Butter (yum) and 2 different on crunch berries.

Here's a link to the webpage describing the cards:

http://capncrunch.com/cc_products/retroCrunch.aspx

Posts: 166 | Location: Boulder County | Registered: June 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cool ,

I still have my "Mini Comics" from Capt Crunch Cereal from when i was a kid...

I'll be on the look out for these...
Kevin

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I opted not to collect these, but found all of them at a Walmart last night.

To be honest, it looks like these were originally designed to be trading cards. Both the front and the back are printed on the front. If you were to cut what looks like the front in half, I beleive it would be a standard sized trading card.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I got all three, I liked the look of these cards. Seems like there has been a lack of food related issues lately, we need more cards from food products!! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
I found the Cap'n Crunch box with these cards

And the Peanut Butter box with these cards

I have not found the Crunch Berries box yet.

Cards as shown are 3 1/2" x 5"

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Found out that there are 2 different size boxes for each cereal. Same cards. If you collect the box itself you will need to find both sizes!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
I got one box of each flavor for the cards.

Sadly, they never acknowledge my favorite flavor of Cap'n Crunch from the 70's, Vanilly Crunch. On the front of the box was a white whale (not sure if it had a name). Was hoping to see a card of him/her/it.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Looks tasty! Too bad they don't make it anymore! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
It was! Also used to make Cinnamon Cap'n Crunch with the pirate guy on the box. Both flavors came out at the same time, I remember. Mid 1970's (the good ol' days!) Smile

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I picked up a set from my local Walmart & Krogers cereal aisles. Found regular Crunch on sale for $1 a box! PB and Berries were slightly more...
Fun cards!

I will devour the Peanut Butter Crunch in no time at all... I sprinkle it over & under vanilla or chocolate frozen yogurt, then drizzle lots of Hersheys dark chocolate syrup on top. You should try it... ITS TO DIE FOR!! Wink

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Less filling...but....tastes great ??? Confused Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the front of the box was a white whale (not sure if it had a name). Was hoping to see a card of him/her/it.

Her name was "Wilma the Winsome White Whale". It's mentioned on the commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbfBIp9SjRM

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dstrohmeng:
quote:
On the front of the box was a white whale (not sure if it had a name). Was hoping to see a card of him/her/it.

Her name was "Wilma the Winsome White Whale". It's mentioned on the commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbfBIp9SjRM

Thanks for the great link!!! Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very cool! I don't remember this (or the commercial) at all.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
If anyone needs the Peanut butter Crunch cards, I have two available for trade.

Let me know. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Wow, the commercial was a full minute in length.
I still see the PB Capt. Crunch in Kmart and Shaw markets out here in RI.

Does anybody remember Koogle Peanut Butter? It was made in the 1970's, too. I think it had vanilla, chocolate, cinnamon, and banana flavors.
Vanilla and banana were good, but I don't think I liked the cinnamon or chocolate ones that much.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPSnDwBDhsQ

Those were the days !

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack London:

Let me know. Smile

Did you cut these out of the box or leave them intact ?

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack London:

Let me know. Smile

Which ones do you have for trade ?
And do you need two others ?
Fred

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I still see boxes in the grocery stores.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

Well, I'm happy to report that I finally found the last two cards that I needed today. Clap

For about 3 weeks now, while looking in every grocery store and retail outlet, I finally found
them in my local Family Dollar store. And of course it was the one closest to my house, too.
But it still wasn't that easy. Just by chance I noticed a couple of retro boxes of the regular
Cap Crunch, but behind those was one box of retro "Crunch Berries" that had the Crunch Beast and Sea Dog on the back and it was the last box, too. Not to mention the box wasn't in that great of shape, but the back was in perfect condition and that's all I care about.
Big Grin

Fred

PS: the Kraft Mac n Cheese Pixar "Cars" post-card thing is still an illusive hunt {see other posts}.
Mad