Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    "Cars 2": Kellogg's Fruit Flavored Snacks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Cars 2": Kellogg's Fruit Flavored Snacks
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
Hey, folks…...

It’s looking more and more like this could be a good year for promotions!

Kellogg’s is featuring three different boxes of their Fruit Flavored Snacks tied in with Cars 2. The boxes feature Lightning McQueen, Finn McMissile, and Mater. The BACKS of the boxes feature two cut-out trading cards, so by getting the three boxes, you should be able to acquire all 6 cards.

Here is a link to the Kellogg’s page on the product featuring an image of the Lightning McQueen box:

http://www2.kelloggs.com/ProductDetail.aspx?id=5778

Good luck!

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
2 of 3 Kraft Mac and Cheese
6 of 9 Juicy Juice
and now these.

Thanks for the heads up!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Looks like another food store run at lunch! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:
2 of 3 Kraft Mac and Cheese
6 of 9 Juicy Juice
and now these.

Thanks for the heads up!

I'll put good money we'll never find the 3/3 Kraft Mac & Cheese.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Hit a bunch of stores today, only scored a Luigi Juicy Juice package. Didn't see any fruit snacks yet. Frown

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw the CARS fruit boxes when I was in the store on the weekend, but didn't think to check and see if they had cards.
Still no Juicy Juice or M&C box #3 in this area (I am still finding box #2 on the shelf in some stores).

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw Cars Fruit boxes today but they did not have cards on them.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Same here, boxes but no cards. Frown

NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
No sign of the boxes (with or without cards) here.

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
I now have all three designs, thus all 6 cards. Some tips to be aware of:

1) The distribution of these boxes is similar to Kraft…..erratic. For about a week, shelves only had Mater and McMissile. Yesterday, the same store ONLY had Lightning McQueen, so now I have all three designs and a full set of the six cards. The good news you should be getting from this info is that you will get all three boxes after a few visits, so this won’t be a disappointment like the Mac ‘n’ Cheese fiasco.

2) There is ANOTHER very similar design to the Kellogg’s Fruit Snacks that can easily be mistaken for the wrong boxes. To know you have the right boxes, look at the Cars logo. Does it have the number “2” in it? Then check the back and you should discover you have found the right box. However, the Mater box is VERY similar to a slightly older design still on the shelves. Mater is positioned on the older box looking in the other direction from the newer box, and there are NO cards on the back. So, how do you know right away it it’s the wrong box? Look at the Cars logo again – the WRONG box will have the word “TOON” in the logo, not “2” – those boxes are older and don’t have the cards.

So, look for ONLY the fruit snack boxes with the “2” in the logo and you should be in luck.

Happy hunting, my friends!
Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the tips, Geoff!

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Yes, thank you for the helpful hints.

I'm still looking and still nothing over here in RI, CT, and at a Target store in Allentown, PA. this past weekend.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Freddy, we must have hit the same Target, lol! Did you stay at the Hilton?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Sorry I didn’t do this sooner, folks.

For those of you struggling to find these cards, here are some scans. Each image has a link underneath that will take you to a larger-rez version of the same image. The first image shows all six cards as they should appear on the backs of the boxes. Sorry, but in my enthusiasm to cut these cards up, I’ve forgotten which of the three box designs the cards are from….. The second image is what is on the back of the cards once you cut them up…. Happy hunting!!!

http://i74.photobucket.com/alb...ffpam25/scan0003.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/alb...25/scan0004-Copy.jpg

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Freddy, we must have hit the same Target, lol! Did you stay at the Hilton?

Hey Batman,

Yes, we stayed at the Hilton Gardens and there was a Target across the street. I find it amazing that no matter where you go, all malls look the same, with the same store names on the facades. Heck, even the floor layouts are the same. LOL

I saw you at the Show, sorry I didn't introduce myself. Very rude of me.

Fred

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I finally found 1 of the 3 boxes today at a different Walmart. Box 1 of 3 (Mater/Luigi)... Hope I find the other 2.....

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Hurray ! I finally found a box of these tonight. Dance
It was in one of the Targets {the older store} here in Warwick. But it wasn't in the food section. It was in the toy section, on an end-cap display, right by the "Cars 2" toys. Along with some boxes of "Cars 2" cereal, by Kellogg's. Sorry, no cards on those boxes...I checked. But these fruit snacks were mixed in with the older version boxes that says "Cars-Toons" on the front of the box. So LOOK carefully while purchasing them.

I purchased the box that had Finn McMissile & Holley Shiftwell on the back. These cards are smaller than average. They measure 2 3/16" X 2 7/8" {5.5 cm X 7.4 cm}.

Two more boxes / 4 more cards to go on this promotional offer.

Fred

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post