Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    "Cars 2": Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Cars 2": Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
I received a reply this morning. It's not much of an improvement over the one sent to Freddy, but at least it's a (vague) admission that a third design exists:

Hi Geoffrey,

Thank you for visiting http://www.kraftfoods.com/.

I'm sorry to hear that you have yet to purchase the third post card design that we are currently advertising.

These items are randomly selected for packaging. There are many occasions when certain batches must be packed in one continuous run to ensure efficiency and low cost to consumers.

However, we will share your comments with our Quality Control and Production staffs to help minimize the possibility of this happening again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience.

If you haven't done so already, please add our site to your favorites and visit us again soon!

Kim McMiller
Associate Director, Consumer Relations

Sounds like the Kraft Inc. Company has nothing but ex-lawyers or ex-politicians in their Consumer Relations department. Because when they don't answer simple questions it, makes us think WTF is going on here. Why are they giving us such nebulous answers ?

But when you read in between the lines, what I think they are saying is that their left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. And if they were "randomly selected for packaging" then shouldn't we be seeing mixed boxes {card # 1, 2,& 3} on our shelves ? I think so.

And if you haven't seen card #3/3 out in Utah and I haven't seen it out here in RI and other members {in NY and SC} haven't seen it in their states, then something is very strange.

If I ever come across one...you all will be notified ASAP. I'm even considering purchasing a half dozen for those who can't find them. My son and his friends can always eat the contents. lol

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Okay my fellow card enthusiasts, here's the follow-up letter I just received from Kraft sometime during Friday night.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for getting in touch with us recently about the cards on the back of the KRAFT Mac & Cheese boxes.

I was able to find some answers for you. Here's the information I found:

The pictures on the back of the boxes are not trading cards as such. There are pictures of three cars that can be cut and kept. There isn’t a distribution schedule. All CARS UPCs are on shelf and each of the pictures should be available.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Kim McMiller

Can someone, that has two complete boxes, check to see if the UPC numbers are the same on box 1/3 and 2/3 please. I cut the two that I had and put them in a Ultra Pro page already.

If the numbers are the same {and they probably are} then it sounds like there's either a short print on box # 3/3 or 3/3 is only being distributed to the central US, Alaska, or Guam. LOL

Here in Warwick, RI we are blessed {or cursed, depends on your POV} with having two Walmarts in our city. And last night we hit both of them, looking for these blasted Kraft "Cars" boxes. Still no # 3/3 though.

I even checked my Stop & Shop the other day while grocery shopping...still nothing.

Oh well. Let me know if you come across it.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
UPCs are the same on both boxes. No third box here in PA either. I've checked 2 Giant Eagles, 3 Shop n Saves, 2 Targets, 4 WalMarts, KMart & Krogers in PA & WV.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Thinking more about the blasted #3/3 box...
since they have the same UPC code on them, it's almost impossible for Kraft to tell which numbered card is going where. That's why I said in an earlier post, that their right hand doesn't know what their left hand is doing. And it's also obvious that they are NOT mixing up the boxes, because in EIGHT states {GA,PA,NJ,NY,RI,SC,UT,& WV} that we're looking for them, no one has come across the last card {3/3}.

Adding two more states....Maryland and Ct.
That's 10 states with a no show on box 3/3. Wow.

I have relatives out in California this week. I'll have them look down in Santa Barbara {sp?}.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Freddy,

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Add NJ to the list, I 've checked several Targets and only find the same two boxes.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Add NJ to the list, I 've checked several Targets and only find the same two boxes.

NJ added to my comments.
Thanks.
This is turning out to be quite a conundrum ?

posted Hide Post
You can add Georgia to the list

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Found 1 at Target and 2 at Kroger and 3 at No where yet!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Monsterama2000
posted Hide Post
I looked at my local Giant Eagle grocery store here in Ohio and all they had was a bunch of card #1.

Posts: 120 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lag30240:
You can add Georgia to the list

Georgia added to the list.

That's 8 states now that doesn't have #3/3.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Make it 9 states... I haven't found it in Maryland and I've looked in a wide variety of stores.
My guess is that CA has a ton of box #3 and no #1 or #2. Smile

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have also checked various stores here in Connecticut but have only found box 1 & 2.

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Adding two more states....Maryland and Ct.
That's 10 states with a no show on box 3/3. Wow.

I have relatives out in California this week. I'll have them look down in Santa Barbara {sp?}

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Add the Lone Star State (TX) to the list - I've checked every Wal*Mart, Target, and Krogers in a 20 mile radius from where I live (just north of Dallas) and no card #3.

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aeolus14ummbra:
Add the Lone Star State (TX) to the list - I've checked every Wal*Mart, Target, and Krogers in a 20 mile radius from where I live (just north of Dallas) and no card #3.

I think it's time for another letter to Kraft.
I'll send one off tonight.
Fred

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
I think it's time for another letter to Kraft.
I'll send one off tonight.
Fred

I agree, Fred!! In fact, I just sent off this new letter:

Ms. McMiller,

I appreciate your quick reply to my query and I certainly appreciate that a corporation as large as yours can experience shipping problems from time to time.

However, I represent a very large, global community of collectors who meet regularly online to discuss various matters related to our hobby and this promotion has actually been tracked for the last few weeks by various collectors living in Utah, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut, Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Rhode Island, South Carolina, West Virginia, and New Jersey.

MANY stores have been checked including grocers like Macey’s, Fresh Market, Krogers, Smith’s, Giant Eagle, Shop N Save; and department stores like Wal-Mart, Target, and K-Mart. I know from the comments made online by dozens of collectors monitoring this Kraft promotion that there are many more retail outlets that have been checked but not even mentioned…..

We all would appreciate it if you could please research your Public Relations department - or whatever department handles advertising and the use of licensing for promotional purposes – and find out for us 1) what is the third design, and 2) when we, the consumers, can expect to see this third design appear on the shelves. Our experience with promotional advertising and marketing is that the random nature of the distribution ensures that all designs used in a product campaign appear in retail markets at the same time (give or take a day or two at the most).

We appreciate your extra time in this matter.

Geoff Bovey,
Sandy, UT

Notice I didn't mention Card Talk or a link to this site when I said "a very large, global community of collectors". Harris, if you are reading this, I am assuming you would not want me (or anyone else) to represent Card Talk without your permission.....

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Geoff,

You write so professionally. You must work on a corporate setting yourself or at least have some experience in such ?

I also wrote them a similar letter {although not as eloquent} tonight, I also DID NOT mention NSU name, either.

Hopefully she'll get back to one of us, in a couple of days, like she did before.

Fred

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
First of all, thanks for your comments, Fred. Yeah, I hope I don’t sound arrogant here…..but I do have the gift of language when it comes to writing, but that’s due to a combination of my family background, my very-long college education, my military duty (being in charge of 30 + people and having to report to the uppers constantly), and my teaching job. Besides, I learned years ago that more flies are caught with honey than vinegar so my flowery language has often garnered better results in the past. And…..if I can geek out for a moment aka Captain Kirk from Wrath of Khan….. “I don’t like to lose.”

I’m also hoping that if you and I tag-team each other enough (and perhaps any others in Card Talk get involved), Kraft will get the message we aren’t just a couple of random whiny-babies and we really do represent a sub-group of consumers that is watching them. Sometimes I feel that big corporations think they can pooh-pooh away consumer complaints because they don’t see the connection between themselves and their bottom line (i.e., every customer is one more reason why the corporate employee has a job).

I’ll let everyone know what response I get. Hopefully one of us will get a less-than-lame answer for a change.

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
First of all, thanks for your comments, Fred. Yeah, I hope I don’t sound arrogant here…..but I do have the gift of language when it comes to writing, but that’s due to a combination of my family background, my very-long college education, my military duty (being in charge of 30 + people and having to report to the uppers constantly), and my teaching job. Besides, I learned years ago that more flies are caught with honey than vinegar so my flowery language has often garnered better results in the past. And…..if I can geek out for a moment aka Captain Kirk from Wrath of Khan….. “I don’t like to lose.”

I’m also hoping that if you and I tag-team each other enough (and perhaps any others in Card Talk get involved), Kraft will get the message we aren’t just a couple of random whiny-babies and we really do represent a sub-group of consumers that is watching them. Sometimes I feel that big corporations think they can pooh-pooh away consumer complaints because they don’t see the connection between themselves and their bottom line (i.e., every customer is one more reason why the corporate employee has a job).

I’ll let everyone know what response I get. Hopefully one of us will get a less-than-lame answer for a change.

Geoff,

Well it's Thursday afternoon {4-21} and I still haven't heard back from Kraft Foods yet. Anything on your end ?

And while out shopping today, I was of course looking for these, and still came up with nothing.
But I did notice that this product flies off the shelves. I never bought this product when my son was growing up. And since my wife is 100% Italian, she would rather make the real thing then have him eat this stuff. Shake Head

Fred

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I heard back from Kraft Food last night. It's weird that they send out emails at 955 pm. I noticed that with the last two emails I got from them, too. Very odd.

Oh well, here's their response...

Hi Fred,

Thank you for visiting http://www.kraftfoods.com/.

Please keep in mind that it is up to the individual store or retail chain to decide to carry a certain amount of product.

All CARS UPCs are on shelf and each of the pictures should be available.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you haven't done so already, please add our site to your favorites and visit us again soon!

Kim McMiller

I want to write her back and tell her that I'm well aware of that "it is up to the individual store or retail chain to decide to carry a certain amount of product." But this has nothing to do with volume. From what I can see, this product flies off the shelves. I go into my local Stop & Shop on a Monday and the shelf is full. By the middle of the week it's almost bare and before the weekend rush the shelf is re-stocked. Plus every store I go to HAS this "Cars" promotional product. The problem is THERE'S NO CARD #3 OUT THERE!.

My sister in out in California this week. I'm going to have her look for me in the Santa Barbara area. What else can we do?

Fred