Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    "Cars 2": Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Cars 2": Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
Hi, gang….

This latest promotion has me a little puzzled. Perhaps one of you can solve this little mystery.

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese boxes are currently featuring a Cars 2 promotion. The front has a Cars character, and the back has 1 of 3 (supposedly) postcards that you can cutout like a large trading card. The puzzling part is that all the large shipments to Target, Wal-Mart, grocery stores, etc., have only featured two of the designs – Lightning McQueen and Mater. However, on the back the packages, the company clearly states there are three as noted by the “1 of 3” or “2 of 3” above the card. All the displays I’ve seen so far – many of which number in the hundreds – have only had these two designs, and I’ve uploaded 2 scans of the boxes that I found. Each image features the front and back of the same box.

Incidentally, the Target display sold out completely in less than 2 weeks. When I was there 2 days ago, only a dozen boxes were left....there were probably more of the Sponge Bob and Phineas & Ferb boxes on the shelves than the Cars boxes.

If any of you have seen a third design, please share it with us here. Happy hunting!

Geoff

Here is Postcard #1:

Here is Postcard #2:

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
Hi, gang….

This latest promotion has me a little puzzled. Perhaps one of you can solve this little mystery.

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese boxes are currently featuring a Cars 2 promotion. The front has a Cars character, and the back has 1 of 3 (supposedly) postcards that you can cutout like a large trading card. The puzzling part is that all the large shipments to Target, Wal-Mart, grocery stores, etc., have only featured two of the designs – Lightning McQueen and Mater. However, on the back the packages, the company clearly states there are three as noted by the “1 of 3” or “2 of 3” above the card. All the displays I’ve seen so far – many of which number in the hundreds – have only had these two designs, and I’ve uploaded 2 scans of the boxes that I found. Each image features the front and back of the same box.

Incidentally, the Target display sold out completely in less than 2 weeks. When I was there 2 days ago, only a dozen boxes were left....there were probably more of the Sponge Bob and Phineas & Ferb boxes on the shelves than the Cars boxes.

If any of you have seen a third design, please share it with us here. Happy hunting!

Geoff

Here is Postcard #1:

Here is Postcard #2:

Geoff,

Myself and another member have been contemplating this same question for a couple of weeks now, too. I'm in Rhode Island and he's in Upstate NY and each of us have only seen these same two cards.

I've checked 2 Targets, 3 Wal-Marts, my local Stop & Shop, and a Shaw's market...nothing but these two cards.

Maybe a call or email to Kraft is in order ?

Let me know if you find the 3rd and I'll do likewise.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Hi guys, same two boxes in my Targets at the Jersey Shore, has anyone contacted Kraft? Generally, putting together Kraft sets is easy.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Hi guys, same two boxes in my Targets at the Jersey Shore, has anyone contacted Kraft? Generally, putting together Kraft sets is easy.

No, I haven't contacted Kraft, yet.
I'll have to pull out one of their boxes and find a customer service number or email address.
I'll let you know.
Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

No, I haven't contacted Kraft, yet.
I'll have to pull out one of their boxes and find a customer service number or email address.
I'll let you know.
Fred

Update. I just emailed Kraft Inc. Hopefully we'll have an answer in a day or two.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I stopped at Target on the way home and found the same thing.. only 2 boxes.
Maybe they're just waiting to release the 3rd box until the movie comes out. Hopefully someone from Kraft responds to the email with an answer.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I've checked 1 local grocery store and a Wal-Mart so far - No Cars 2 boxes, just Sponge Bob.

I'll keep looking....

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
I Need to look for these!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Well, I emailed Kraft about this matter, last week, and still no reply.
I'll try again thus morning.
Fred

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hopefully you will have better luck than I did. I emailed Kraft last week & got the reply that they had not idea what I was talking about.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Hey Folks... Is there anything printed on the back of the Cars II cards?

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
Hey Folks... Is there anything printed on the back of the Cars II cards?

I just checked....Nope, nothing.
Fred

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Found card 1 yesterday at my Target. Only card they had.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Okay guys and gals. Here's the response I got back Kraft Foods Inc.

"Hi Fred,

Thank you for visiting http://www.kraftfoods.com/.

I appreciate your patience; I need some additional time to research your inquiry on this Pixar Cars Trading Cards Promotion. I'll contact you again as soon as possible.

If you haven't done so already, please add our site to your favorites and visit us again soon!

Kim McMiller
Associate Director, Consumer Relations"

I'm reserving my personal comments for later.

Fred

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
I appreciate your patience; I need some additional time to research your inquiry on this Pixar Cars Trading Cards Promotion. I'll contact you again as soon as possible.

If you haven't done so already, please add our site to your favorites and visit us again soon!

Wow! That might be one of the most astounding NON-answers I have ever read!!!! I know I shouldn't be surprised by a big corporation's flipping-off of a customer's promo enquiry, but still......how frustrating!!!

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out......

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
I decided to throw my own 2 cents in as well and sent my own message to Kraft this morning. This is the letter I sent:

I have a question regarding a promotion you are currently using to sell boxes of your Macaroni & Cheese…. You have, in the past, used popular licensed characters associated with Hollywood films and television to sell boxes of Mac & Cheese, such as Nickelodeon’s Sponge Bob, Disney’s Phineas & Ferb, Disney’s Toy Story, Marvel’s Spider-Man, etc….. Currently, you have been selling in large volumes at Target, Wal-Mart, and other large food distributors, boxes of your Mac & Cheese featuring characters from the Pixar/Disney films “Cars” and “Cars 2”.

The front of each box has a Cars character, and the back has 1 of 3 (supposedly) postcards that you can cutout like a large, postcard-sized trading/bubblegum card. The puzzling part is that all the large shipments to Target, Wal-Mart, grocery stores, etc., have only featured two of the designs – Lightning McQueen and Mater. However, on the back the packages, the company clearly states there are THREE as noted by the “1 of 3” or “2 of 3” above the card. All the displays I’ve seen so far – many of which number in the hundreds – have only had these two designs. Incidentally, the Target display sold out completely in less than 2 weeks. When I was there 2 days ago, only a dozen boxes were left....there were probably more of the Sponge Bob and Phineas & Ferb boxes on the shelves than the Cars boxes.

MY QUESTION: Where is the THIRD design (Card 3 of 3) of your Mac & Cheese “Cars” boxes, and why haven’t we found this Mac & Cheese package in stores? Is it a shipping problem? Is it a printing problem? Or do you plan to ship this mysterious third design only on the heels of the release of the upcoming film “Cars 2”, due to be released on June 24th, 2011?

Any help in clarifying my question above would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Geoff Bovey,
Sandy, UT.
Email 1: gbovey@dsdmail.net
Email 2: geoff@humansaredoomed.com

I'll let you all know what I find out!! Wish me luck!

Geoff

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Wow! That might be one of the most astounding NON-answers I have ever read!!!! I know I shouldn't be surprised by a big corporation's flipping-off of a customer's promo enquiry, but still......how frustrating!!!

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out......

Yes, it is a good corporate "non-answer", but I have gotten more nebulous answers from corporations before. If I find it I'll post it in here.

If I hear anything else from Kraft I'll let you know.

Fred

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I decided to throw my own 2 cents in as well and sent my own message to Kraft this morning. This is the letter I sent:

I have a question regarding a promotion you are currently using to sell boxes of your Macaroni & Cheese…. You have, in the past, used popular licensed characters associated with Hollywood films and television to sell boxes of Mac & Cheese, such as Nickelodeon’s Sponge Bob, Disney’s Phineas & Ferb, Disney’s Toy Story, Marvel’s Spider-Man, etc….. Currently, you have been selling in large volumes at Target, Wal-Mart, and other large food distributors, boxes of your Mac & Cheese featuring characters from the Pixar/Disney films “Cars” and “Cars 2”.

The front of each box has a Cars character, and the back has 1 of 3 (supposedly) postcards that you can cutout like a large, postcard-sized trading/bubblegum card. The puzzling part is that all the large shipments to Target, Wal-Mart, grocery stores, etc., have only featured two of the designs – Lightning McQueen and Mater. However, on the back the packages, the company clearly states there are THREE as noted by the “1 of 3” or “2 of 3” above the card. All the displays I’ve seen so far – many of which number in the hundreds – have only had these two designs. Incidentally, the Target display sold out completely in less than 2 weeks. When I was there 2 days ago, only a dozen boxes were left....there were probably more of the Sponge Bob and Phineas & Ferb boxes on the shelves than the Cars boxes.

MY QUESTION: Where is the THIRD design (Card 3 of 3) of your Mac & Cheese “Cars” boxes, and why haven’t we found this Mac & Cheese package in stores? Is it a shipping problem? Is it a printing problem? Or do you plan to ship this mysterious third design only on the heels of the release of the upcoming film “Cars 2”, due to be released on June 24th, 2011?

Any help in clarifying my question above would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Geoff Bovey,
Sandy, UT.
Email 1: gbovey@dsdmail.net
Email 2: geoff@humansaredoomed.com

I'll let you all know what I find out!! Wish me luck!

Geoff

Geoff,

A great letter. I can't wait for you to post their reply.

Fred

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Freddy:

When the email comes in, will the From line be "Kraft Foods Inc" or some other name? I have to bush-whack through 300+ emails a day, most of which are junk, since I have been using the same address for 10+ years.....

Geoff

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
I received a reply this morning. It's not much of an improvement over the one sent to Freddy, but at least it's a (vague) admission that a third design exists:

Hi Geoffrey,

Thank you for visiting http://www.kraftfoods.com/.

I'm sorry to hear that you have yet to purchase the third post card design that we are currently advertising.

These items are randomly selected for packaging. There are many occasions when certain batches must be packed in one continuous run to ensure efficiency and low cost to consumers.

However, we will share your comments with our Quality Control and Production staffs to help minimize the possibility of this happening again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience.

Kim McMiller
Associate Director, Consumer Relations