Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airheads: Despicable Me
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
Airheads has a new promotion out tied in with the Despicable Me film. This promotion is SO new, you can’t even see it on the Airheads website yet which is still advertising the oh-so-yesterday’s-news Lightning Thief promotion. I found the Despicable Me Airheads packages at a Food Lion grocery store in Williamsburg, VA, where I am involved in a two-week military training gig. I have not seen these anywhere else, so at the moment, I only have my own pictures to provide – no links to external sites yet. The pictures show what the wrapper looks like and the two cards I pulled. One image shows the card fronts, the other shows the card backs. If you look carefully at the cards and the wrapper, you will see that NO cards are explicitly advertised on the wrapper, nor does it say how many there are to collect – but this is definitely a card promotion. Furthermore, the cards are unnumbered, so until the Airheads website is updated to reflect this promotion, I honestly can’t tell you how many there are. I followed my previous advice from older posts and picked only one 6-bar package from each of the two boxes the store had and I pulled two different cards – one for “Gru” and the other for the kids. These are definitely cards made on a thin (but acceptable) card stock and measure 2.5 inches by 4 inches.

As always, when you see these appear in stores, I recommend you only buy one 6-bar package per box and pick other 6-bar packages, one at a time, from other boxes. Previous promotions have always had the same cards in every package of one box. Happy hunting!!

Geoff

P.S. Link: Variety article on Despicable Me marketing

WRAPPER:

CARD FRONTS:

CARD BACKS:

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They finally have come to a store near me!!! Yeah!!! Got a Minion. Cut little critter. Now to figure out how many different cards there are to a set...

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RevJay:
Now to figure out how many different cards there are to a set...

There are only 3. The two pictured in my original post above, and a third one featuring the minion,which is the one you probably got. That's it!!

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone found out the code to enter the online contest?

Posts: 1 | Location: nm | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gregore
posted Hide Post
Hello, Anyone know how many are in the set? Never did get all the lenticular penguins form that other set.

Posts: 89 | Location: Earth - I'm told | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
As mentioned above, there are only 3.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post