Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WEIRD OH'S
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
The new Taco Bell kid's meal has a Weird Oh's toy and a bunch of die cut character stickers. It actually looks too cool to be a kid's meal.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
No pics ? Bummer because I can't find any pic of these "Weird Oh's" on their web site, either.
Oh well, looks like I'll be taking a trip the "Bell." I just can't eat that stuff though. And I eat everything. LOL

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see 'em too. Any pictures Frank? I can't bring myself to go to the Bell like you Freddy, even though there is one close by.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by H_Toser:
I'd like to see 'em too. Any pictures Frank? I can't bring myself to go to the Bell like you Freddy, even though there is one close by.[/QUOTE

I did a Google search on them and they look like skateboard things with character stickers. I'll be near a T.B. tomorrow and I'll check them out. But it doesn't look like something I would collect. Not really a card or a lenticular. Oh well, we'll see.
Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
These Taco Bell toys have been around a while then. I find posts on a forum from July 2010 about them.

Here are a couple images that I borrowed from the forum that I found:

Not on my list to collect.... Smile

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm glad someone was able to post pictures. I still have trouble doing this. Could this be old product?

It's the first time I saw them. Sometimes these stores just find whatever is left to toss into a kid's meal bag. I hope I can get the other ones.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Hudson's dirt Cheap (a salvage store) just got in a model store stock and has about a dozen boxes (I believe 36 packs) of Weird Oh cards for about 20 bucks a pop. There are Hudson's all over MS and AL so if you are looking for these you might can find them, cheap.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Hudson's dirt Cheap (a salvage store) just got in a model store stock and has about a dozen boxes (I believe 36 packs) of Weird Oh cards for about 20 bucks a pop. There are Hudson's all over MS and AL so if you are looking for these you might can find them, cheap.

I wonder if that's why I've noticed a lot of them popping up for auction recently. I honestly didn't even know they were re-issued until the other day.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
You guys have NO idea how cool they REALLY are!!! This is a FLEER product!!! Let me explain…..

Weird Oh’s was originally a FLEER trading card set from about the mid-1960’s. There are still plenty of the packs and cards available to purchase from that auction site, and there was a short-lived animated series about the Weird-Oh’s in the early 1990’s. If Taco Bell is doing a promo associated with the Weird Oh’s, then what they are actually plugging are reprints and replicas from the card and toy line from the 1960’s. VERY cool!!

Geoff

Some links:

Here is a link to the company Strottman International, supposedly the manufacturer of the new Taco Bell toys (see the images up close in Mike’s post). If you click on the “Creative” tab of the company’s site, you can see various prior toy promotions this company has created for other companies, but no mention (yet) is made of the Weird Oh’s for Taco Bell. Maybe the promo is too new?

http://www.strottman.com/index.php

Here are links to two pages giving some of the background history of the series and its artist, William “Bill” Campbell.

Page 1: http://www.bonediggers.com/1-2/weird/weird1.html
Page 2: http://www.bonediggers.com/1-2/weird/weird2.html

Here is a link to a You Tube video featuring a clip from the animated show…. A comment from a poster called “sauske295elfs” claims to be the original artist’s grandson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzvkfUHPISY

And finally – and most importantly IMHO – here is a page about the cards themselves from the 1960’s:

http://www.horrorcards.org/weirdohs.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: geoffbovey,

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is an old promotion. The current Taco Bell kids promotion is Thumbs of Fury ... 2 thumbs wrestlers with a cardboard wrestlng ring.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Actually, the promotion is only 5 months old. I went to a Taco Bell tonight and picked up two each of the two skateboards they STILL had (look at Mike's images above - I picked up two of the pink skateboard in Mike's post, but the other one I got tonight is not pictured).

The manager explained that the promotion was last October - not that long ago at all. So, those of you looking for these - your local Taco Bell may still have them.....

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post