Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars banana stickers
 Login/Join

Picture of andynova
posted
Here’s something I found last night while shopping at an Acme supermarket. Star Wars – The Last Jedi banana stickers. There are four unique ones right now. More information is here:

www.rebelscum.com/story/front/...With_Dole_176227.asp

Here’s a link to the official Dole website www.dole.com/disney that offers a contest and some downloads. There’s a cool looking calendar that you can print and stick the stickers onto. There will be twelve stickers in total, available this month, November and January.

Go bananas everyone Smile

Posts: 106 | Location: West Chester, PA, USA | Registered: December 18, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I think we all know someone at the Philly Show who'd going to collect these! Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
There was a BEAUTY AND THE BEAST sticker at one time too. Since I have hoarding syndrome I've pulled every sticker off of every banana I've bought for the last 27 years and stuck them on the inside of my kitchen cabinets. What a mess!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
The art is from the recent Topps Star Wars Journey to the Last Jedi character insert set. So, is the artwork unique to Topps and is then being farmed out for other marketing endeavors, or is Topps just using stock images from Disney?

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aeolus14ummbra:
The art is from the recent Topps Star Wars Journey to the Last Jedi character insert set. So, is the artwork unique to Topps and is then being farmed out for other marketing endeavors, or is Topps just using stock images from Disney?

That being the case, my guess would be it came from Disney's Star Wars The Last Jedi Style Guide

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
SAW ONLY 4 DESIGNS SO FAR-CHEWIE, STORM TROOPER, C3PO, R2D2

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
DOLE Bananas has been doing character stickers for a good while. The only one I could find was the Disney movie Anastasia from a few years ago. I think there are about 6 of those. I know they have done a couple of the Despicable Me movies.

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
I just found the final 4 stickers yesterday: the Millennium Falcon, X-Wing, First Order Walker, and TIE Fighter. I enjoyed chasing these as they were relatively easy to get. Based on the Dole website, these are the last ones in the set.

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post