Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Disney's "Up": OFFICIAL replica home built by Bangerter Homes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney's "Up": OFFICIAL replica home built by Bangerter Homes
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
Hello, everyone! This weekend, totally by accident, I stumbled upon two items that were completely unexpected and unplanned. And frankly – very much out in left field. One is the Jerry Lewis DVD set (go to my other thread about that oddity), the other is this one, and what a gem it is!!!! Do you have 340 grand lying around for this collectible???

So, here’s the story…… I guess one of the local building contractors here in Salt Lake City loved “Up” so much, he thought that building cranky, ol’ Carl’s home was a great idea. And he wasn’t kidding! He apparently convinced the Disney people to give him the official rights (not sure if they were exclusive, though) to built the house from the film – mailbox, furniture, everything (with some modern upgrades in addition), as an exact replica. When I read on a friend’s Facebook profile about this Sunday morning, I couldn’t believe it, so my wife Beth and I went for a Sunday drive yesterday and saw it for ourselves.

This house is NO joke! The home is for sale, and is currently part of our city’s 2011 “Parade of Homes”. The home-showing ends August 14th. We did NOT go inside because it cost $10 per adult just to have permission to do so! I can understand that – the home was buzzing with hundreds of people wanting a turn to go inside or get a picture in front of the home. And with a price tag like $339,000, you don’t want just anyone running through that house.

There was a magazine featuring the home being given out to everyone who bought a ticket to go inside the house, but the lady selling the tickets in the garage allowed me to take one newspaper and one flyer. I scanned the flyer, as well as some pertinent pages in the newspaper for this oddity. All the links are after this post, so enjoy.

By the way, if any of you Disney fanatics come through town before next Saturday, the exact address of this remarkable home is: 13216 South Herriman Rose Blvd., Herriman, UT.

And finally, if you do a Google search, don’t mistake this house for the many houses that people have attempted to fly with balloons. This house in Salt Lake is supposedly endorsed by the Disney folks as a genuine replica of the one featured in the film. I have not heard of any other such project anywhere else in the country, but any search I conduct always brings up the Salt Lake home first.

Geoff

P.S. Can you imagine having that blueprint?? Now THAT would make a GREAT collectible!!!!

From The Disney Blog:
http://thedisneyblog.com/2011/...le-in-herriman-utah/

Article & video from local ABC affiliate (“Utah Home Builder Recreates Disney ‘Up’ House”):
http://www.abc4.com/mostpopula...79Eaa-kvcQkdkvQ.cspx

Article from Bangerter Homes:
http://bangerterhomes.com/up/

Video from local FOX affiliate (“The interior of the UP house in Herriman”):
http://www.dailymotion.com/vid...use-in-herriman_news

Scans of the flyer I picked up:
Front Cover
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6-7
Back Cover

Various scans from the real estate newspaper:
Letter from 2011 Parade Chairman
Letter from 2011 Parade President
Ad for the home (the #14 simply means that this house is the 14th home in the parade. 27 homes throughout the valley are featured this year)

Here are some pictures I took when my wife and I visited:
The mailbox
Full view from the street
My wife Beth in front of the house
Now it's my turn
Another view (end of driveway)
Side view (there's Beth again)
Close-up view (don't ask me what the kid is doing, I have no clue)
Another close-up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: geoffbovey,

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Very very nice. I loved the movie "Up"

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting all of that. I learned about this earlier today in a Disney newsletter before seeing your post.

Here is that link:

Disney Movies Guide posting

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for the story and the pictures!
It's amazing how well they recreated it Eek

Only sad thing was that I couldn't look at the video of the interior, must be region restricted.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I downloaded the Youtube video and converted it to an mp3 file. I just have to take the time to host it somewhere and post the URL. I'm going to be out-of-town until the weekend and I'll try to work on it when I get back.

Too big to email.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post