Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    "The Avengers": 4 large cups (44 oz.) and popcorn bucket
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Avengers": 4 large cups (44 oz.) and popcorn bucket
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
Somebody, somewhere is offering a set of 4 collectible Avengers cups and a collectible popcorn bucket. The cups are 44 ounces each and are made with “hard plastic”. They are being sold in various auctions on that pesky auction site, but – and no surprise here – none of the ads give away WHERE they are being sold.

They do not look like the cups being sold in non-USA markets with the character tops. They look very much like American-made cups, but I couldn’t find them with a Google search nor on some of the main theater sites. BUT…..I am still pretty sure that one of the theater chains is responsible…..this blogger mentions them along with a blurry image: http://windchasersjourney.blogspot.com/

Somebody please provide more info if you find it! Thanks!

Geoff

This message has been edited. Last edited by: geoffbovey,

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have 3 of these cups (missing Loki/Fury), plus the plastic large cup with Avengers ensemble and the small black plastic 8 oz cup and the mini pins. The bucket is nice and trying to get one of those too.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
http://i74.photobucket.com/alb...ffpam25/S__5B200.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/alb...offpam25/S__5B20.jpg

Here are the cups I mentioned in my original post. The picture links show the ones I obtained last weekend, but I doubt any of you will find them now. The ONLY reason I got these is because they had completely sold out the previous weekend and I was forced to harass the manager to let me buy the display cups hiding behind a display case. She let me have them, but they were the last ones left.

The theatre I went to is a local chain, so I am guessing these cups were only distributed to other local chains – not AMC or Cinemark. So good luck to any of you who try to hunt them down, it won’t be easy.

One more thing – I was mistaken about the set. There are only 4 designs, not 8. Each cup features two characters. These cups are very high quality, and I personally love them because it is the only promotion for the film I have seen so far that features the Mark Rufulo version of the Hulk (as opposed to the CGI Hulk).

Good luck, everyone!
Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm in Lebanon. They were giving away these cups at the consession stand back when the movie was premiering. When I got there all they had left was Captain America so I passed. That night my cousin found this (see below) little guy on the street and thought I'd like to have him! True story.

Posts: 1 | Location: Beirut | Registered: September 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post