Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    X-Men: Days of Future Past - Empire art cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Men: Days of Future Past - Empire art cards
 Login/Join

Picture of rwn410
posted
Empire magazine, as part of its 25th anniversary and the large roster of characters in DOFP, decided to get a bit cover-happy with its March issue.

There are 27(!) covers, two subscriber exclusive covers and 25 panoramic character covers including looks at Rogue, Quicksilver, both past and future Sentinels, and Toad among others. A 28th variant Mystique cover also exists with a gold '25' logo rather than silver (Empire give some form of prize out if you have one!)
The covers are all viewable here:
http://www.empireonline.com/xmen/

Obviously at £3.99 a copy it's not exactly the cheapest thing to collect but the art cards are significantly more affordable! They consist of a full set of the 25 panoramic cover art with less text, and at postcard size. They're a subscription gift - I got mine with a 6 month subscription which set me back £20 (and free delivery). The next issue (Godzilla) has now taken over shelves but I think they still have the X-Men cards as a subscription gift option online!

I honestly have no clue if Empire is a UK magazine or international or what...

Very sad there are no card sets for the last few X-Men movies, it has a GREAT cast! Especially now that Rittenhouse has had success with Halle Berry signing for Bond...

Some pics I took:

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post