Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    "X-Men First Class": Larry H Miller Megaplex theaters (cup)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"X-Men First Class": Larry H Miller Megaplex theaters (cup)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
Depending on how close t Utah you live, this promo will either piss you off or excite you, because – in my humble opinion – X-Men First Class was an AWESOME flick and the best superhero movie I have seen in a long time, better than Iron Man 1 & 2, Thor, etc….and those were good movies, too.

Here is Utah, we have a recently-deceased hometown hero-philanthropist by the name of Larry H Miller who was very beloved for the fact that he made millions and millions of dollars, but gave much of it away in charities. He also was known in many circles to have treated many of his co-workers and employees like gold. Plus he created some amazing entertainment groups such as arenas and stadiums (such as the one that hosts our local soccer champs, the Réal), and a chain of 5 super-cinemas that are simply amazing places.

Here is the website for his chain of Megaplexes.

Larry H. Miller Megaplex Theatres

Here is a bio of the man. He died two years ago - he had a pile of health problems such as heart trouble and Diabetes, but he worked right up until his death, which added to his great reputation in business.

Larry H Miller Group of Companies - About Us and Bio

I did spend some time, I swear, trying to figure out if Larry H Miller’s Megaplexes are affiliated with some of the other biggies….Cinemark, AMC Theaters, etc…..but I couldn’t find a connection, sorry.

Anyway, staying focused on this item.…..at his theaters, you can buy a nice super-sized X-Men First Class Coke Zero cup. It’s plastic and appears to use the same material used for the non-lenticular cups sold at 7-11’s (such as the recent Hangover Part II 7-11 cup promo). A front and back picture is posted below.

X-Men was GREAT, and well worth the price of admission, so if you’re in the area, go see this movie (or any others, it makes no difference) at a Larry H Miller Megaplex and get one of these cups. The promo is NOT obvious as there were no signs for it, so you’ll have to ask for the cup. The cups were stacked BEHIND the standard cups and were stacked in such a way that I could only see the Coke Zero logo – what gave it away was the one and only cup where I could see a tiny “Marvel” logo at the bottom. Once I saw that – I asked for the cup without knowing what it was ‘cause I knew if it was a BLACK cup, it was gonna be a good one!!! And it was….. I was a fanboy-GEEK for hours after the movie, so…..warn your girlfriends, wives, husbands, boyfriends, and significant others that this movie will make you unfit for the public for a while!!! Lol

Geoff

This message has been edited. Last edited by: geoffbovey,

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
updated with a picture

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
updated with a picture

Still teasing us with all the new promo items I see. Wink

We have Showcase Cinemas up here in RI and just north of us, in Mass., are some AMC theaters, but the last time I went to one {only because I had a gift card} the place was an absolute SHAT house. And I vowed never to step foot in an AMC theater again. Shake Head

I should go see the new X-Men movie....I have a free pass.

Thanks for the pic Geoff.

F

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, I'll look for that cup on Ebay since Utah is too far away to drive to for a movie!

I also thought X-Men; First Class was better then THOR and IRON MAN 2, but I still like IRON MAN the best of those mentioned.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post