Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chip Foose Cards at Lowe's
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Someone sent us a tip about Chip Foose trading cards found at Lowe's. I posted about it today on the blog:

Chip Foose Cards Spotted at Lowe’s

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris. I do need some WD40 and will be near Lowe's today.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Water displacement 40th try. Lowes here in my city, closed. No cards again for me. Frown Frown

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Mike asked on Facebook if these were exclusive to Lowes. As I said there, the guy who sent this in only said that he spotted it at his local Lowes, not that it was exclusive to them. The special WD40 subsection of their website does not say "Lowes" anywhere and states to find the special WD40 cans "at a retailer near you" so I would guess it is NOT exclusive.

So there you go Mister E. Got a Pep Boys (or similar) near you? If so, give that a try.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Why not sign up for Secret Santa, Mr. E, maybe someone will send you some. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Hit Target and Home Depot today, no luck finding the cards. Will try to hit Lowe's sometime this week, but I'm at work most of the time and Lowe's not in that area, maybe take a road trip south while my wife is bowling on Wednesday.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Hit Target and Home Depot today, no luck finding the cards. Will try to hit Lowe's sometime this week, but I'm at work most of the time and Lowe's not in that area, maybe take a road trip south while my wife is bowling on Wednesday.

Interesting! Let us know if you find 'em at Lowe's Batman. I might check our local Lowe's tomorrow too.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Didn't want to take the time to check Lowe's and Home Depot. Wife changed her mind on Wal-Mart. Did check one store, but being a small chain with slow turnover, no luck.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of WD40.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 49 | Location: Sav GA ( Brisbane Australia) | Registered: September 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll be checking the Auto Parts stores :
Advance Auto
Napa
Auto Zone
Pep boys

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Well, my luck holds out. I bought 4 cans of specially packaged cans of WD40 at Lowes last night. Got home, opened all 4 packs of card. Got 3 packs of the same 4 cards, and the 4th can had different cards.

Lowe's had the cans stacked in a promotional rack. Multiple layers. I took 3 cans from the top layer and 1 can from a lower level. Each level had a cardboard piece between them. So I am deducing that each layer has the same cards attached to each can. My wife suggested that I take 1 can from each level, but I didn't fully do that. I was thinking maybe they randomized the cans as they packaged them. Well I was wrong, she was right, but don't tell her! Smile

When I go back I will try to get some from the lower levels, if they have any left before I go back.

If anyone wants to trade, I have extras of cards 8,13,19, and 20. 2 each of all 4 numbers.

For my collection, I so far have numbers 1,4,7,8,13,19,20,21.

The biggest question, is what do I do with so much WD40? It is great stuff, but I don't use very much of it. I probably have had the same small can for 10 years or more now! Smile

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I'm really glad you found these, Mike, and that you posted that you did. I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to find them.

Maybe they are a Lowes exclusive after all??

NSU Editor-in-Chief
Picture of A_Biegel
posted Hide Post
quote:
I bought 4 cans of specially packaged cans of WD40 at Lowes last night.

Mike, you are going to be one slippery dude! Big Grin
~Alan

Posts: 189 | Location: Bayonne, NJ USA | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
The biggest question, is what do I do with so much WD40? It is great stuff, but I don't use very much of it. I probably have had the same small can for 10 years or more now! Smile

Donate to your local food pantry - great tax deduction for you, great donation for them. We don't usually get items like that to give out at our local food pantry, but I know there is a need.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
I'm really glad you found these, Mike, and that you posted that you did. I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to find them.

Maybe they are a Lowes exclusive after all??

They might possibly be. I won't even tell you how many Walmarts and Kmarts I have been to this week including a Target here and there and these were not seen anywhere else.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A_Biegel:

Mike, you are going to be one slippery dude! Big Grin
~Alan

Alan, I have been called worse!

I sprayed every door hinge in the house today and the garage door openers... Had to use some of the stuff somewhere! Smile

Mike.

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RevJay:

Donate to your local food pantry - great tax deduction for you, great donation for them. We don't usually get items like that to give out at our local food pantry, but I know there is a need.

Interesting thought RevJay. I was already planning on making a foo donation to our local food bank, maybe I'll throw in a couple cans of WD40 too! Thanks for the idea. Mike.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I finally came across these in my local Lowes store today, but they were just in a single can for aprrox. $3.67 each. I also noticed that the card is in between two pieces of cardboard located on the upper side of the product, then wrapped in a thick form plastic. At least someone from 'WD' knows how to protect trading cards.

I might purchase one can just to see what I get because I'm an old 'gear head' from way back in my high school days. But since there are so many cards and attached to a product that I buy one can a year from, it wouldn't warrant me purchasing the entire set. Your looking at roughly $100 for the entire run, ouch. The only way I would do it is if I owed my own automobile shop or boat shop, which I don't.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I need cards 1, 3-7, 9,11,12,and 14-16. I have multiples of 2,10,17,and 18 to trade. This is going to be a tough set, let's trade and get these sets complete! Big Grin

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I'll update my list once I receive cards from a trade.

I bought 2 more cans and got the same cards I did before. I'm not buying anymore cans.

I do think these are a Lowe's exclusive. I have hit lots of stores and have not found these anywhere else.

Let's trade to complete these sets if we can.

Mike.