Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    "Green Lantern": Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (wrappers, 30 in the set)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Green Lantern": Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (wrappers, 30 in the set)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
Why is Utah one of the only states that has these ?
Reece's is made by Hershey...from Pennsylvania, for the love of....
I'm a lot closer to them than Utah ! LOL Wink Big Grin

Maybe we're just, uh......blessed??!!! Angel Sorry, couldn't help that joke!! Wink Guess this next post will get you even MORE riled up......

I discovered today – COMPLETELY by surprise (I was only shopping with my wife for dinner items) – that THIS store (go here: http://www.harmonsgrocery.com/stores/store-locations/) now has DOZENS and DOZENS of boxes of the Reese’s PB bars with the Green Lantern promo. They weren’t just in their own stand; they were also in every grocery aisle as well! But the BEST part was the price….TWO for $1, a MUCH better deal than the $1+ you have to pay at the gas stations for just ONE bar. Clap So, I bought 14 bars for $7…. I opened one bar in the car on the way home and it was Sinestro. This might turn out to be a fun hunt after all! Thumb Up

Congrats on the big find.

Last night, while watching TV in bed, I saw my FIRST Reece's PB cup/Green Lantern commercial. And I believe they said that the new G.L. movie comes out on June 17th. But still no promo wrappers out here yet.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
But still no promo wrappers out here yet.

Fred,

Have you done a search yet in your area for a Flying J or Pilot, where I know they are selling these? I just plugged in your zip code (the one that appears at the bottom of your posts). A pilot “dealer” came up in “North Stonington, CT”. Is this anywhere close to you? Check it out yourself, go here: http://www.pilotflyingj.com/locations

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
But still no promo wrappers out here yet.

Fred,

Have you done a search yet in your area for a Flying J or Pilot, where I know they are selling these? I just plugged in your zip code (the one that appears at the bottom of your posts). A pilot “dealer” came up in “North Stonington, CT”. Is this anywhere close to you? Check it out yourself, go here: http://www.pilotflyingj.com/locations

Geoff

Geoff,
I just did a quick Map Quest and it's right over the CT/RI line, which is about 36 miles & 47 minutes from me. The kicker is, I just drove past there on Monday, coming back from my parents house and a small card show in Ct.

I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I'm going that way. I'm not driving 1.5 hrs round trip for some candy. Not at $4/gal...if you know what I mean? LOL But I do appreciate you telling me about it.

I wonder why Reece's/GL candy is being sold in such obscure locations? I never even heard of these stations until now. There's none in RI.

Oh well, maybe an email to Hershey is in order.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I finally found them !!! Metal

I took my son to a Star Wars 501st function this morning up in Attleboro, Mass. While up there, we stopped at all the "hot spots" for cards and food promos. While getting gas at a Mobil On the Run station, my son is scoping out the candy isle....no luck there. But on the far left side of the check out counter {and out of eye sight for me} he says, "Daddy, Green Hornet!" I said back, "Hornet or Lantern?" It was the latter, of course. We bought three, they got really soft being in the car for 4 hours, but are now in my freezer. I'll open them up {gently} later on tonight and see which ones I got.

Woo Hoo. Dance

Another promo found today....see Kellogg's / Cars 2 fruit snacks thread.

Fred

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was in Charlotte, NC over the weekend and the only place I found them (during the 300+ mile drive from MD - NC ride) was a travel center near Winchester, VA. I didn't buy any as it was REALLY hot and I was not in the mood for anything chocolate (and the chocolate would have melted the second I stepped outside). On a more positive note, I didn't pay more than $3.49 for a gallon of gas during the trip. Smile

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I finally found them !!! Metal

I took my son to a Star Wars 501st function this morning up in Attleboro, Mass. While up there, we stopped at all the "hot spots" for cards and food promos. While getting gas at a Mobil On the Run station, my son is scoping out the candy isle....no luck there. But on the far left side of the check out counter {and out of eye sight for me} he says, "Daddy, Green Hornet!" I said back, "Hornet or Lantern?" It was the latter, of course. We bought three, they got really soft being in the car for 4 hours, but are now in my freezer. I'll open them up {gently} later on tonight and see which ones I got.

Woo Hoo. Dance

Another promo found today....see Kellogg's / Cars 2 fruit snacks thread.

Fred

Okay I opened up the three packages of Reece's/GL candies.
I got the following characters {no dups!}...
1} Morro
2} Apros
3} Carol Ferris {I bet she turns out to be the love interest}.
Fred

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Saw the TV commercial for them last night!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
This may come as great news or bad news, depending on how easily those of you tracking this promo can get onboard a military installation to access a Commissary…..

While serving for the US Navy for a day yesterday, I was checking out the Commissary at the Hill Air Force Base after finishing a lengthy 5-yer physical at the hospital. Not only did they have the Green Lantern Reese’s PB cups, but the store was also featuring a massive standee with several characters to advertise the entire contest associated with this promo – which now makes sense since a JET ride is the main prize. But that isn’t the best part…

Each 2-cup PB bar was only 41 cents each!!! Sound great?? Oh…it gets better. The Commissary is notorious for featuring tons of in-store Manufacturer’s coupons printed just for the military, so the one they were featuring for the GL promo was “Buy 3, get another one FREE”.

Here is a scan of the coupon:

Click HERE for a LARGER, HI-REZ version of this coupon.

So, I bought 12, and after the military surcharge (there’s always a small surcharge at military base retail outlets), I paid only….are you ready for this?...….$3.96. So, I bought 12 bars, and at a total cost of $3.96, that means I only paid…..

33 cents per bar.

Find a friend, a relative, or someone who can get you to a base Commissary (if you aren’t attached in some way yourself), and look for this promo there. I recommend trying a nearby Air Force Base first, since I’m not sure if this promo is meant to tie-in with just the AF, or all military branches with jets. If it’s meant to include other branches, it might also include the NAVY since my fellow sailors also serve in squadrons. You could try a local Navy AIR base as well, but go with the AF first if they are in your neighborhood.

Those coupons can be found mainly at the front end where you have to line up for check-out. I think this is the best it’s ever gonna get (for price, I mean).

Cheers,
Geoff

This message has been edited. Last edited by: geoffbovey,

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
I now have a TRADE offer posted!!! I only need 7 wrappers to complete the set, but I have over 25 extras to offer in return! Can anyone help out? Here is the new post for the trade offer over at the Card Trading section:

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....6608453/m/2737093506

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just saw these Sat at K-mart. Looks like they are starting to turn up.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I now have a TRADE offer posted!!! I only need 7 wrappers to complete the set, but I have over 25 extras to offer in return! Can anyone help out? Here is the new post for the trade offer over at the Card Trading section:

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....6608453/m/2737093506

Did you ever manage to get all 30? They came & went so fast in my area I barely got a dozen. I keep hoping they will show up at our local Dollar Store like the Airhead promotions usually do.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Never saw them in the Atlanta area.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RevJay: Did you ever manage to get all 30? They came & went so fast in my area I barely got a dozen. I keep hoping they will show up at our local Dollar Store like the Airhead promotions usually do.

No, I only got 24 of the 30 with a poop-pile of dupes.

But.....I did manage to get all the MAIN characters (Hal Jordan, his girlfriend, the bad guy with the ugly melon, Sinestro, etc.). The remaining 6 were all minor, background characters who were never part of the main cast/storyline, and were never featured in any of the promotional advertising. The six I NEVER found were all Green Lanterns: Ngila G’rnt, Medphyll, Isamot Kol, R’amey Holl, Norchavius, and Princess Iolande.

Like I said - I did get a lot of dupes. No-one asked to trade so I might just toss my dupes into a Mystery Box once I get one put together this month.

I’ve been putting off sorting the wrappers, though, because I had to store them in a separate place before I could find the time to “clean” the back surfaces of the residual chocolate that some of the wrappers are still smeared with. (yes, gross, but that’s a lot of wrappers, so I got lazy. The sweltering Summer wrecked havoc with my ability to remove each wrapper clean-ly without any messiness)

Geoff

posted Hide Post
Anyone still trying to collect these? I'm not having much luck, probably got almost half of the 30. Lol. But, the ones I do have, I have a million of. Distribution sucks in my area for these. Good news is, they are starting to go down in price! If anyone has any extras that they want to get rid of, sell, or trade for, let me know!

Posts: 11 | Location: NC | Registered: July 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was trying to get what I could - but didn't find many in this area. Only got a handful and no duplicates to trade. But I would be interested in your extras. Let's see what we can work out.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post