Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    "Green Lantern": Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (wrappers, 30 in the set)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Green Lantern": Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (wrappers, 30 in the set)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
**** JUNE 8TH: I STARTED THIS THREAD ON MAY 2nd, BUT CHECK OUT MY NEWEST POST FOR GREAT NEWS ON GETTING THESE SUPER-CHEAP AT A MILITARY INSTALLATION!!! ***

When I have a chance to upload some scans, I will, but I wanted to at least get the info out on this as soon as possible.

I stumbled upon an interesting promotion tied in with the Green Lantern film that comes from an unexpected source. While gassing up at a Flying J truck stop in northern Utah yesterday (traveling from Boise, Idaho, to Salt Lake City), I picked up two regular-sized (two cups) packages of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups because it featured an image of Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern. I have a book set aside just for wrappers, so it was an easy choice.

Anyway, part of the promotion includes the opportunity to win a contest, so the inside of the wrappers will either tell you that you’re a winner or you’re not. However, the message on the inside of the wrapper ALSO has a two-toned image of a character from the film, and the two wrappers from my purchase were DIFFERENT!!! One wrapper featured an image of “Green Lantern Amanita” and the other wrapper featured an image of “Green Lantern Boodikka”.

Those of you who remember the images on the inside of the wrappers for M& M’s in 2005 from Star Wars, Ep. III: Revenge of the Sith…..the Green Lantern images are printed in a two-tone process just like that Star Wars promotion.

There are NO indications on the inside of the wrappers as to how many wrapper variations there are – no numbers at all, just background information about the character and a stock message that says “The ring did not choose you. Sorry, not a winner.” HOWEVER, if you go to the Reese’s website, the promo page indicates that there are at least 30 wrappers to collect. Click on this link for more info:

http://www.hersheys.com/reeses...tern/characters.aspx

Good luck to anyone who chases this one down (I might). It could be fun to collect.

Geoff

This message has been edited. Last edited by: geoffbovey,

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up Geoff. I'll check out my local 7-11. They're pretty good with promotional items.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
Thanks for the heads up Geoff. I'll check out my local 7-11. They're pretty good with promotional items.

Nothing yet on these Green Lantern/Reese's promo. I checked that 7-11 and the Stop & Shop.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
I love reeses but have not seen these!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not in my area yet ... but I can't wait. I'll probably try to get them all. I tracked down all the M&M Star Wras as well as the M&M Indiana Jones arti-fact wrappers.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Still no Reece's/Green Lantern wrappers here in Rhode Island, yet.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
I finally found them here in Salt Lake City last week at one of the two remaining SLC-area Flying J truck stops. The Flying J's have been closing or turning over to some other name because Flying J - the corporation - was bought out a while ago by the Pilot truck stop corporation. You can find more information about this here: Pilot Flying J

So, if you have a Flying J OR a Pilot truck stop near you - check one of them out.

Meanwhile, I picked up two more of these Reese’s packages and I was VERY disappointed. First of all, I had to pay $2.22 for two – this is a good deal? I think not considering a package of two cups is supposed to only cost around 70 to 80 cents at most large stores, or two for a $1 at some locations. Obviously the inflated price is a combination of getting them at a truck stop and the fact Ryan Reynolds’s mug is on the wrapper. Then, BOTH wrappers had “Green Lantern Amanita”, which really ticked me off since I already had that design from the two I purchased in Idaho two weeks ago (see my first post above). Considering there are supposed to be THIRTY designs to collect, getting two more of a design I already had when I’ve only bought a total of FOUR really made me think this will turn out to be another wild goose chase like the Mac N Cheese Cars 2 promo, or just a very badly collated card set that we’ve seen in the past from the likes of Topps (i.e. Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, the pogs from the early 90’s, the lenticular baseball Sportsflics, etc…)

Good luck, people….

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still nothing at any of the stores, or gas stations, or road stops in PA, WV, or Oh during my weekend travels.

Are the characters numbered to help keep trayck of which ones you find, or need?

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Still no Reece's / Green Lantern wrappers here in Rhode Island as of today, Monday May 15th.
And while I was in Allentown, PA this past weekend for the NSU Philly show, we stopped in the local Target and a few gas stations and nothing was found over there either.
Strange, very strange indeed.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I stopped at a couple of gas stations in PA and Maryland over the weekend and didn't see any GL wrappers either. Maybe it was just a test run in some markets?

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They are here in North Jersey. Try places like gas stations that have large food areas or places like 7-11. They are expensive over $1 a pack plus tax. I bought 4 packs and got one duplicate.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
They are here in North Jersey. Try places like gas stations that have large food areas or places like 7-11. They are expensive over $1 a pack plus tax. I bought 4 packs and got one duplicate.

Thanks for the heads up about the GL wrappers in northern Jersey. I just came through there yesterday, we only stopped at a McDonald's, off I-287, to grab a burger, darn.

We got gas in Allentown, PA., before we left, because it was $3.89 so we didn't go to any stations in NJ. But we looked while there, but nodda.
Shake Head

I have a 7-11 a few miles from my house, here in Warwick, and I checked today for this promo offer and the Air Heads promo, too........nothing!

Like everything else, we'll just have to wait and see.

Fred

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Here are some long overdue images of the Reese’s Green Lantern promo. The first image is of the two packages I bought last Friday at a local Flying J truck stop. The second image is a scan of a wrapper after I took it apart. The next two images are of the characters I got inside the wrappers (out of FOUR packages bought so far, not two). Keep in mind that of the 4 packages I’ve purchased, I’ve been stuck with THREE of Green Lantern Amanita, so don’t go out and spend your hard-earned money on a million peanut butter cups expecting this promo to be easy.

Each image has a link underneath to a larger-rez version of the same image. Good luck!

http://i74.photobucket.com/alb...5/scan0001a-Copy.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/alb.../scan0001-Copy-1.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/alb...25/scan0002-Copy.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/alb...ffpam25/scan0002.jpg

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
I stopped at a couple of gas stations in PA and Maryland over the weekend and didn't see any GL wrappers either. Maybe it was just a test run in some markets?

Laura,

I bought one here at a 7-11 or Sheetz in Virginia so they are out there. I tore the wrapper up too badly to save, but I think it was for a character that has not been shown on here yet.

Keep looking.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Well, it's been another week + and I still haven't seen these GL wrappers. I guess Rhode Island is "SOL", as my father used to say.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
None found in Northern Mass and Southern N.H. area yet.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Zip in Georgia Atlanta area

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
I got frustrated yesterday with the lack of GL Reese's EVERYWHERE and returned to the one-and-only location in all of Salt Lake that has them. I gave in to my addiction and bought 6 2-cup packages for $6.66. I have opened 3 so far (the other 3 sit in my fridge) and received “Green Lantern Bzzd”, “Green Lantern Baris”, and “Green Lantern Amanita” (Amanita is a dupe of a wrapper I bought on another day).

I can't help but notice every character of the wrappers I’ve opened start with an A or a B. Coincidence? Is it possible these wrappers were packaged ALPHABETICALLY?? If that’s the case, it would be a first for any promo I’ve chased after in years.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I just got back from Connecticut, from the long Memorial Day weekend, and while in the north western part of Ct. I checked a couple of grocery stores, retail stores, and even a few gas stations for these elusive GL/Reece's PB cups.....and found Zip, zero, nadda, nothing!

When dies this movie come out ?
Why is Utah one of the only states that has these ?
Reece's is made by Hershey...from Pennsylvania, for the love of....
I'm a lot closer to them than Utah ! LOL Wink Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
Why is Utah one of the only states that has these ?
Reece's is made by Hershey...from Pennsylvania, for the love of....
I'm a lot closer to them than Utah ! LOL Wink Big Grin

Maybe we're just, uh......blessed??!!! Angel Sorry, couldn't help that joke!! Wink Guess this next post will get you even MORE riled up......

I discovered today – COMPLETELY by surprise (I was only shopping with my wife for dinner items) – that THIS store (go here: http://www.harmonsgrocery.com/stores/store-locations/) now has DOZENS and DOZENS of boxes of the Reese’s PB bars with the Green Lantern promo. They weren’t just in their own stand; they were also in every grocery aisle as well! But the BEST part was the price….TWO for $1, a MUCH better deal than the $1+ you have to pay at the gas stations for just ONE bar. Clap So, I bought 14 bars for $7…. I opened one bar in the car on the way home and it was Sinestro. This might turn out to be a fun hunt after all! Thumb Up