Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    K-Mart Green Lantern Lenticular posters / Cars Posters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

K-Mart Green Lantern Lenticular posters / Cars Posters
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I stopped @ a local K-Mart Yesterday and noticed at the Customer Service desk they had a small stack of Lenticular Green Lantern Posters
their giving these away when you buy $26.oo worth of Green Lantern Material / toys

theres 4 different Lenticulars to collect , and according to my friend their also doing the same type promotion for Cars 2 , although i didn't see any of those lenticulars , the other Lenticulars will be Transformers , and Captain America

these are 11 x 14 inches , each one was numbered 1 of 4 , 2 of 4 , Etc
according to the k-mart flyer the promotion ends July 30th
the K-mart near me only had card 1 of 4

Kevin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kevin LePore,

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kevin.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Theres a sticker on the packaging that states : These are Part of K-Marts 2011 Power Packed Summer Program , in suport of the theatrical releases of:
GREEN LANTERN from Warner Brothers & DC Comics:
Disneys CARS2: TRANSFORMERS3: DARK OF THE MOON from Paramount Pictures and Hasbro : CAPTAIN AMERICA:THE FIRST AVENGER from Marvel Entertainment

If they do 4 of these lenticular posters for each movie thats going to be very cool ,

they also have an offer where you can purchase each poster for $19.95

So Far I've only seen the Green Lantern & the Cars 2 Lenticulars , Each measures 11 inches x 14 inches

Kevin

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Who in their right mind would pay $19.95 for something you can get free after buying $20 of product? Even if you don't want the items, they can be given away as gifts or resold.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
All the K-Mart's in my area want you to spend $25 to get the poster. You may want to check on this if that is a concern.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

Kevin LePore asked me to post a few images for him.

K-Mart Green Lantern Limited Edition Print #1 of 4

Sticker on the top of the bag which has info about purchasing these separately

Certificate of Authenticity

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I take it they mean spending $25 on G.L. action figures or G.L. clothing and such?
But I can't see spending $25 more on a movie I really didn't care for.
It's too bad the movie wasn't that great. Or this might be something I'd go after.
Sorry, but that's how I feel.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I happy people have shared the info, if it's not something you want, that's fine, but I still appreciate the info and the posting of the photo.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Don't get me wrong. I totally appreciate the info and pics. I was just pointing out that I wish the movie was better. It's disappointing with something you have high hopes for doesn't pan out. I felt the same way about Star Trek 2009, too. I don't own much memorabilia from that either.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For those interested in the green lantern print , but dont want to buy $25.oo worth of toys , k-mart has the Reeses peanut butter cups with the green lantern wrappers , you could always buy 25 of those and get the print that way

for the cars 2 limited edition print just buy a box of the cars 2 candy with the trading cards ( if you can find them ), that'll cover the purchase price for the cars 2 print

I'm sure by the time the other 2 prints come out they should have some kind of food product with Transformers and Captain America , i think Canada Dry is doing 12 packs with Captain America & a chance to win a harley davidson motorcycle , i'll probably buy a couple 12 packs to cover the captain america print purchase price

I've tryed calling k-marts corporate line for info , trying to find out if these are available online , but k-marts corporate offices didn't seem to know anything about these and i didn't see anything online mentioning this promotion

I can tell you that each store only gets 12 of each print in their boxes , so these are limited
and not all the stores have had these...just a friendly heads up...also if you were thinking about just buying the prints for $19.95 , that the upc scan codes on these dont scan in when they go to ring them up , so your pretty much stuck buying some sort of merchandise to get these..

Thanks Again to Harris for posting the pictures for me

Kevin

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

Kevin asked me to post some more images for him. Here goes:

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Maybe I didn't read all the above posts clearly, but to clarify, it seems that the four movies make up the entire set of 4 lenticulars.
1 of 4 is Green Lantern
2 of 4 is Cars 2
3 of 4 is Transformers
At least this is what I found at my nearest K-Mart. And they clearly had more than 12 of each.
Also, customer service said that they don't think food products will qualify for the promotion. But I will try, when I get ready to purchase some. Cap for sure, and Cars 2 for a niece. Maybe GL, but I doubt I'll buy the whole set for myself.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
VERY nice set. Too bad you have to spend so much $$$ to get it. Kinda makes you wonder what will become of these posters when the promo ends.

Hmmmm.....time to try a different angle with the K-Mart people. I'll update y'all soon.....

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
VERY nice set. Too bad you have to spend so much $$$ to get it. Kinda makes you wonder what will become of these posters when the promo ends.

Hmmmm.....time to try a different angle with the K-Mart people. I'll update y'all soon.....

I'll agree with you. It is a shame that these things are so expensive. If they weren't I'd get them for my collection, but my wife would shoot me if I bought $80 worth of merchandise just to get 4 lenticulars. But I REALLY like the Transformers 3 sheet/card. {I might sneak that one through LOL}

Plus like I've stated before...I don't buy things I'm not familiar with or I didn't like. And I didn't like the Green Lantern movie, so obviously I wont be buying that one. And I'm passing on the new Cars 2 movie, so that one is out, too.

Fred

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Click here for a larger-rez version of the picture below:

Pardon me for being smug, but I am thrilled that I – once again – scored a big WIN-WIN thanks to my wink-wink charm and mastery of the almighty English language! Hopefully my story will help some of you guys out, too, since I’M CONFIDENT THAT THESE POSTERS CAN BE OBTAINED FOR FREE.

Here’s what I did....

A few weeks ago, late June-ish, when Cars 2 was still just a few days into its release, I went to one K-Mart to check out this promotion. (there are over a half-dozen in the SLC area) The toy section had dozens of the Green Lantern poster (#1 of 4), but only two of the Cars 2 poster (#2 of 4). They hadn’t yet received the Transformers or Captain America posters (#3 of 4 and #4 of 4)). The first thing I noticed when I entered the store was an elaborately produced product flyer for K-Mart dedicated exclusively to Cars 2. The flyer was made on good quality card stock and stapled in the center making it a nice collectible by itself. However, the most important piece of info that I made a note of in my mind was the part that said the Cars 2 promotion (same as the others: buy $25 worth of toys, get the poster free) will END on July 2nd. Hmmm…..I said to myself, that’s just a few days away! I realized that I could use this to my advantage.

So, when I checked out the posters in the toy section after grabbing the product flyer, over 6 employees, including the store manager, were stocking the area with new toys – boxes everywhere. I casually asked the manager about the posters and pointed out the promotion for poster #2 would end in just a couple of days “according to the flyer”. I added this must – by default – mean the Green Lantern promo must already be over. She agreed. So, I simply asked…. “what will become of the posters after July 2nd?” She told me if I returned on the Tuesday after the holiday weekend – July 5th – she would give me the Green Lantern poster free, but she was reluctant to make the same promise about the Cars 2 poster because (as of late June when I was having this conversation) the store only had two. “Ok, THANK YOU very much, that’s very kind of you” , I said, and I walked off and wished all the employees well and a safe holiday! (Extra charm never hurts!)

Well……I paid another visit that same day to another nearby K-Mart just to feel out those employees as well. There were fewer of the employees in the store, but the very young supervisor running the place in the absence of the manager admitted as well the Cars 2 promotion was ending in a few days and I would have to return “next week” to talk to a manager. While there, she casually told me about a big toy promotion they had the previous Saturday (that would have been June 25th) during which the store gave away massive paper posters of the Cars 2 collection of toy cars. Because she had two left over, she went ahead and included one large poster in each of the Cars 2 lenticular packages – two total, and the only two lenticulars in the store! Again, I committed to memory what I found and left bidding her good day.

Fast forward to today. I never went back to the other K-Mart on July 5th due to other family commitments. Today, I was out with my two children. My 13-yr-old son needed a mandatory physiocal for his upcoming Boy Scout camp for next week. After we were done, I remembered the K-Mart lenticulars and decided to try my luck (*sigh* the serene life of a teacher with Summers off! It’s sweet!). I was closer to the one where I dealt with the female supervisor I mentioned in the last paragraph. I went in and saw that one of the two Cars 2 lenticulars that she had stuffed with the large-size paper posters was still on the rack-along with another 3 or 4 dozen of all three posters (no Captain America yet). Obviously these things aren’t selling, so I went back to the Customer Service desk and there was the male manager – as if on cue – right where I needed him. “I noticed that you still have plenty of the Cars 2 lenticulars left – with the promotion having ended on July 2nd, and I was wondering what I needed to pay you to buy just one without the toys?” His answer? “You only want just the one, right?” I said yes, and he smiled as he said, “Ahhhh, go ahead and just take one. Come back by here as you leave just in case I’m gone when you return. Let my Customer Service rep see it, then it’s yours.” I was a lot quicker than that….I returned with the one and only lenticular he had that also had the large-size paper poster and he said, Have a good day!

Then, I traveled a few miles to the other store where the female manager had told me she would let me have the Green Lantern poster for free. She wasn’t there, but one of her supervisors was. I explained my story and he let me have the Green Lantern poster. As he handed it to me, he looked at the Transformers poster and said, “Y’know, these will never sell, so here – take this one, too!” I told him thank you very much very enthusiastically (but I was careful not to come off as too much of a dork) and left the store feeling pretty proud of my free score.

So….with some charm and careful wording, I suspect most of you will have the same luck – including with the Captain America poster when it arrives in the next week or so. If I can score these three posters at no cost, you all should, too – and I did it without any dishonesty or manipulation of the truth. So good luck to you guys if you try your luck as well. These posters are very nice and worth the trouble (but not the money).

Geoff

This message has been edited. Last edited by: geoffbovey,

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed reading your story. I think I'll go to K-Mart this week.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good story, I might have to go and visit kmart.

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Great article, as always, Geoff. Maybe you should do an article for the NSU magazine ?
You can call it "Heads-Up" or something to that affect. Since your always finding things
out before anyone else. I'm dead serious. You have a flare for both finding these obscure
promotional items and your pretty good at writing, too. Smile

But I digress. I went to my not-so-local K-Mart today, since I was near it after dropping my son
off at his tutor, and I walked the store and talked to a Customer Service rep behind the counter. Unfortunately, they were all out of all of the cards. The rep made a hap hazard attempt to look around and under the counters, but to no avail. Oh well, it's so hot outside...I wasn't going to push it. lol Maybe next time ?

Fred

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
We just got back from our nearest K-Mart. They had no flyers or advertising for these anywhere. The package does state on all 4 cards that the promotion ends on 7/30. BTW, a manager pointed this out to us. So we'll try again later.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
We just got back from our nearest K-Mart. They had no flyers or advertising for these anywhere. The package does state on all 4 cards that the promotion ends on 7/30. BTW, a manager pointed this out to us. So we'll try again later.

You have probably caught them out of posters 1 through 3 and before poster 4 has arrived.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post