Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    K-Mart Green Lantern Lenticular posters / Cars Posters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

K-Mart Green Lantern Lenticular posters / Cars Posters
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Just to be clear....they are NOT at the Customer Service desks. I only went there to get help.

To find the posters, you need to go to the toy section where they should be hanging by the dozen on the blister-pack racks (the thin, plastic thingys that have upward hooks).

Good luck all, and thanks for the kind words on my long post!

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
So to recap from my experience.

The KMart I went to had all 4 cards.
All 4 cards state right on the packaging that the promotion ends on 7/30.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back to the topic: I have a K-Mart close to me and will try to pop in during the remainder of this week.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I can't find an image of the Captain America lenticular on line. I should have taken a picture of one.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, didn't know these existed, and now it's 2 late. Lol. If anyone has any (or all) of these that they would like to sell, please let me know! Thanks. Smile

Posts: 11 | Location: NC | Registered: July 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Our nearest K-Mart won't let any go for free. And they have a bunch of each remaining. I will try one more time when the offer is "officially" over.

posted Hide Post
Awesum! I'd gladly get ya some cash if you could pick up an extra set. (Must feed the addiction. Lol.)

Posts: 11 | Location: NC | Registered: July 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
My K-Mart still has plenty of all 4 prints. I figured, what the heck, I wanted the toys anyway so I picked up two of them:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crueshopofhorrors:
Wow, didn't know these existed, and now it's 2 late. Lol. If anyone has any (or all) of these that they would like to sell, please let me know! Thanks. Smile

I have an extra Green Lantern Print from the first week , drop me an e-mail

kevinlepore@msn.com

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I guess I can still get them all, but they are about $19 apiece by themselves, which is too much in my opinion. To tell the truth I could have put one of each in my basket when I checked out; the cashier hardly glanced at them when I said they were free with $25 of related merchandise, but I'm way too honest to do anything like that. The only reason I didn't get a GL was because I don't care for any of the Green Lantern toys.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Good morning, everyone. This message comes as a note of caution to you all….

I went to the two K-Marts in my area to snag the last poster (there are about a dozen K-Marts in the Salt Lake valley), Captain America, but I did so by the skin of my teeth. If you guys are still hoping to get one or all of these posters, you better HURRY! Let me explain:

The first one I went to in the West Jordan area had NONE of the posters. Nada. Zip. Zilch! I was amazed because I knew for a fact they were NOT selling and that the Captain America poster could only have been in the store for a couple of weeks, tops. The manager came out and told me he “shipped them back this morning.” I was astounded and I responded that the promotion only ended on Saturday. He repeated that he shipped them out Monday morning back to the “main company”, wherever that was. He was nice about it, so I didn’t complain.

I was NOT planning on going on a wild goose hunt, nor do I like doing so, but I decided I needed to high-tail it over to another K-Mart immediately or I was going to be “screwed, blued, and tattooed”…..as we say in the Navy. I got lucky, thankfully, at the second K-Mart in Draper, but the story over there told me YOU GUYS need to act on getting these posters NOW or that auction site will be the only other way to get them…… When I got to the second store, their posters were gone, too, but I was gambling that their manager would not be as anal as the first one and maybe he just cleaned the aisles and they were sitting on a back shelf somewhere. No….it was WORSE…..instead, on Saturday (July 30th), the staff decided to GIVE THEM AWAY to kids passing through the check-outs or the Customer Service desk!!! The manager said that if he had ANY left, they would be at the front check-outs. No…there were none, so as a last-straw effort, I begged (well, in a dignified-ahem sort of way – I still have my pride, y’know) one of the staffers to PLEASE go to the back and see if there were any left in their warehouse area.

I was lucky, he came out revealing he had about 4 or 5 posters left – two of which were Captain America. He let me have one. (Incidentally, these are the same two K-Marts where I reported earlier the managers let me have the first three free while the promotion was still running.)

People, if you’re still hoping to get these posters, getting them free is very likely – but now you need to get to a K-Mart FAST before they are either given away or sent back to whatever distributor K-Mart gets their licensed products from.

Happy hunting!

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Geoff, sounds like you've got some awesome K-mart employees in your area! Around here you're lucky if you can get one to ring you up with a smile, let alone help with something like this! Wink

And I can talk trash on the local K-mart because I used to work there. Thumb Up

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, I have a story similar to that. I went to a Kmart Monday, found all but the Cap one, took them to register (was gonna be honest and pay for them), and since the promotion ended, they no longer have a price. They had a LOT of those 3 posters all over the place. I was told by 2 different employees that I simply could not buy them. I then pointed out that since they were out on display, that was a stupid thing, not to be able to buy them. What if I was a 6 year old kid? Lol. So, today after work I went to another Kmart which had none. I asked an employee. He said, "If we had any... we THREW THEM AWAY." I almost asked to go to the dumpster and try to salvage them, but didn't wanna screw up my scrubs. Haha. Then, the last Kmart I know of in my area, had the Cars 2 and Captain America! The guy at the register asked me what I wanted to do, he was very cool about it, and I said I just wanted to pay the $19.95 per. I got a Cars 2 and 2 Caps, because I know some of you guys are still looking for Cap. If you want him, email me (cewbu@yahoo.com). I'd love to trade for a Transformers one!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I went to K-Mart again today and they still have plenty of all 4 prints. I bought some more CARS 2 toys and asked if I could take a Green Lantern print instead of a Cars and they said OK. So now I have 3 out of 4 but I am not really interested in the Transformers print.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
And one more trip to K-Mart to pick up another Cars 2 toy (RC Finn McMissile which was mistakenly priced $5 lower and so they had to sell it to me for that amount); and when I asked the lady in the toy dept. if I could take a Transformers print instead of a Cars 2 she said "Please!" as if glad to get rid of it:

Finn playing possum

Finn armed and dangerous

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Me again! My K-Mart had one CARS 2 poster left today, about 10 GLs and about 10 Transformers. I bought this really neat BOMB BLASTIN' MATER today for over 50 bucks, with a $10 off coupon and received a five dollar gift card because my purchase was over $50, and I talked them into giving me the GL poster too!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
K Mart in Salem, N.H. still has these posters,and I was told that I still had to purchase $25.00 in select merchandise to obtain them.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post