Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Carl’s Jr / Hardees: “Man of Steel” (9-card set)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carl’s Jr / Hardees: “Man of Steel” (9-card set)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
This restaurant chain has a Man of Steel promotion going on right now – several toys are offered, but one of the toys is a pack of three cards. The total number of cards to collect is 9, but in order to get the whole set without having to buy a million cards, you have to look on the very bottom of the wrapper for a tiny “A”, “B”, or “C” embossed in one of the corners. They are hard to spot if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Each pack can be purchased separately from the food for just 75 cents.

Good luck. Below is a link to a fan site detailing the promotion.

http://www.supermansupersite.com/04241040.html

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this! I plan to collect these like I picked up their Spiderman cards.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
We only have a couple of Carl's Jr locations here in Dallas so I went out this am and checked the one nearest me. No joy, but the asst. manager did say that they were going to participate in the "Man of Steel" promotion (it will run towards the end of the month). Almost forgot to mention that I did stop at Subway and they had two really nice looking Iron Man 3 gift cards, so it wasn't a total loss!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Scored on these today!

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I visited Hardees today, explained what I wanted. They were very friendly and sold me two packs of each of the A, B and C packs. I'll open one of each AFTER I see the movie.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
My Hardee's told me they did not have them in yet, to come back next week.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
What?! Roseburg Oregon didn't get something last? Wow!

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
What?! Roseburg Oregon didn't get something last? Wow!

All they had so far was some kind of Bags.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Well, these finally turned up in Dallas over the weekend. I was able to score a couple sets of cards, the wristband, and the Superman figure (I passed on the "ring"). Honestly, the cards are kind of plain looking, but it seems they're the only Man of Steel cards to be had (at least for now).

Just a heads-up for those of you searching for these...all four items: the card packs (3 different, individually shrink-wrapped packs embossed in the lower right-hand corner A, B, or C, but having the same wrapper), the wristband, the figure, and the ring are packaged all together in one 4-section shipping box. The point being, if they have one of the toys, they should have them all.

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Here's a shot of the actual cards.
Very nice, standard sized on flat card stock, so they're good for autographs. No copy on them, though, except for the Man of Steel movie logo on the back of each.

Looks like two of Henry Cavill as Superman, the lovely Amy Adams as Lois, Russell Crowe as Jor-El, a couple of Michael Shannon as General Zod (one in Kyptonian Armor), one of Zod's wife Faora, Chris Meloni as Colonel Hardy, and finally, Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent talking to young Clark in what is, I'm sure, an update of the classic scene in the original Superman movie with Glenn Ford talking to young Clark about his powers and why he must keep them hidden.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If anyone has a set to trade still sealed
please let me know. No Hardees or Carl Jr in NJ or NYC.

Have lots to trade.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:

Have lots to trade.

Got you covered Frank.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
THANKS FOR THE TRADE TATTOOX

quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:

Have lots to trade.

Got you covered Frank.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU!

posted Hide Post
I'd be willing to purchase a set from someone if they have extras, no Carl's Jr or Hardee's in or around Buffalo, NY.

Posts: 74 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mig:
I'd be willing to purchase a set from someone if they have extras, no Carl's Jr or Hardee's in or around Buffalo, NY.

Contact me on working out a trade.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I'm still missing the C-pack of 3 cards - RatZ!!

I have an extra A-pack or B-pack to swap for it.

Also have spare Spider-Man packs from Carls Jrs to swap

Can anyone help me with these?

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
I'm still missing the C-pack of 3 cards - RatZ!!

I have an extra A-pack or B-pack to swap for it.

Also have spare Spider-Man packs from Carls Jrs to swap

Can anyone help me with these?

Remind me next week Bill if you haven't found one. I will be near a Carl's Jr on the 3rd and 5th. Was thinking of stopping in to see if I can get more sets, since I've traded off all I had.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Hey John, I think the Man of Steel promotion ended at least a week ago. That's what I was told at my local Carls Jrs.
But I appreciate the thought...

Still trying not to buy those last 3 cards on that auction site!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
You're right. It's Percy Jackson toys now.