Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Open That Box! Day 2008 Discussion    What is "Open That Box" day?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Find
Notify
Tools
What is "Open That Box" day?
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Open That Box is a promotion running in the Apr/May '08 issue of Non-Sport Update. On one day, NSU Card Talk members and collectors from around the globe can come to a special area of Card Talk and all share the experience of opening a box of trading cards, all on the same day. This is the third year for the event.

What is Open That Box! day?
Let’s face it -- trading cards were meant to be seen, held, read, discussed, and traded; not kept in a box gathering dust. Open that box! day is Non-Sport Update magazine's specially created day when collectors will open a box of trading cards and share their experience with the community at large.

How Do I Participate?
On April 12, we invite you to open a box of cards. Pull that special box out of the back of your closet or purchase a new box from your favorite retailer.

Open the box and come to the special forum here on Non-Sport Update's Card Talk web forum to tell the card collecting community what you got. Try and make this a more meaningful experience by opening your box with a friend or family member. Tell us about that, as well as why you chose this box and why this one means more to you then others. And hey, if you get an extra set, use the NSU Card Talk trading forum to trade with other collectors who are doing the same thing today.

Some of your comments from Open That Box! day '08 may make it to a future article in NSU so remember what you post in the OTB submission thread is fair game. Smile We hope this day will be fun for all who participate.

Other ways you can participate–
You may also take part in Open That Box! day by e-mailing your comments to us at info@nonsportupdate.com. Or by fax (717-238-3220) or mail (NSU, PO Box 5858, Harrisburg, PA 17110).

We hope to get a lot of new submissions from this (from collectors new to Card Talk and maybe from some of you who haven't posted in a while). Additionally, I hope that all of you "regulars" will help support this as well.

Thanks!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
My box is eagerly waiting to be torn into...I am very much looking forward to this upcoming OTB day. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
My box is eagerly waiting to be torn into...I am very much looking forward to this upcoming OTB day. Smile

Val

Cool! Thumb Up Looking forward to it too.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
I'll be away for OTBD this year, but my boxes are coming with me & I'll have internet access to join in the fun!

Looking forward to it muchly Cool

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
My box has been chosen and is sat in the corner of the room looking at me. It's gonna take a lot of self control to leave it there untouched until OTBD.

OK, I can hear you guys whispering to each other "Why doesn't he keep it out of sight until the glorious 12th" Well my friends, that would mean I would have to touch the box, and that could mean only one thing....

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Report This Post