Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

a PM system
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,
New here, but I've wandered boards of various kinds for years. Was surprised to not see a PM (private message) system in use on this board...how do members exchange information like mailing address and the like?? I ask as I have found these PM type systems far more reliable than e-mail exchanges.

Thanks.

Posts: 34 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
If you click on a members name, you have the option to view their public profile. The e-mail address of that member is displayed if they have chosen to put it in.
Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
there is a chat button but i noticed this never works

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
This has been discussed before - for more on this subject, see here

If you need to get in touch with another member, take a quick look in their profile (as WarriorBabe suggested) for their contact detailsBig Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charmedmad:
there is a chat button but i noticed this never works

I don't see this button...but I guess if it doesn't work...

Was just hoping for something "realtime" and more reliable than email... Shake Head

Posts: 34 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
click on name click on public profile and theres a list of stuff on the left hand side right at bottom it says chat

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
So there is. It does not do anything though when i click it.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Chat and PM are not part of the package that Card Talk is on. Paul (Quaint1) pointed that out several days ago...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
no like they mods have said its just a dead button

Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
one of the reasons we have discussed in the past about chat and PM systems is that, well, they are pretty redundant. In your NSU Card Talk profile, you can add an "IM Identifier" you can choose MSN, AIM etc - most of those services allow you to send offline messages as well.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well i'm chatting to you in these threads and i can send you emails so i don't think we need anything else.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
i agree with you there really

Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
Well i'm chatting to you in these threads and i can send you emails so i don't think we need anything else.

Some people may take that as a threat, except for me! Big Grin

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark64
posted Hide Post
The one problem with not having the PM system is having emails blocked by spam blockers and such. I have sent emails to people on the board with no response. I assume the emails have gone to thier spam files and have been ignored. I never have that problem when there is a PM system in place.

Posts: 129 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post