Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Suggestions & Requests    Mexican wave smilies?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mexican wave smilies?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted
Harris, I was posting using the smilies kindly provided on the forum. I know that if you put a line of bouncy smilies together they all jump in unison. I was wondering if it was possible to tweak the code somehow to make them do a Mexican wave? That is each smilie to jump about a tenth of a second after the previous one.
Anyone else think this might make a cool effect?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
I like that idea. Jumping in unison can look a bit boring.

Bouncey Bouncey Bouncey

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do you mean something like this:

I found it on another board.
Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:

Chris Big Grin

Brilliant. And they're pretty colours too. Big Grin

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I don't think there is any way to make our single smilies do the wave. The only thing would be to add another graemlin like the one Chris found and posted. In other words, a single image with multiple smilies.

There are tons of graemlins online but I hesitate to add one like Chris posted to our list of them unless I am 100 percent certain that someone doesn't own the art.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Like the wave smilies. We could have those everytime i appear. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
or every time you leave? Big Grin

just kidding wolfie Wavey

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Leave. Confused

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
Leave. Confused

Saying that, I dont think I have ever seen you leave, but I could be wrong!

Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
Leave. Confused

That would be like tearing down the Tower of London! Eek

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:

Chris Big Grin

Those are really cute... they remind me of M&M's.

Now I'm hungry... Drool

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
There are tons of graemlins online but I hesitate to add one like Chris posted to our list of them unless I am 100 percent certain that someone doesn't own the art.

There's a website where I use different ones from (on here and other forums). They're offered specifically for use on forums.

The site is: http://emoticons4u.com/

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
There's a website where I use different ones from (on here and other forums). They're offered specifically for use on forums.

The site is: http://emoticons4u.com/

See, that's the thing. If you look at the copyright page of the site you just posted, you'll see that all of those smileys are copyrighten.

Also, it would appear that the site owner is not sure who some of the copyright holders are by his choice of wording ("If you see a smiley you have created and wish for me to take it off or give you credit, please feel free to mail me.")

So, as I said, I avoid those type.

It's one thing to use them on Card Talk or other forums but I believe that it's another thing for a forum owner to offer them for users to use without permission.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Chris Big Grin

I do like that Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
Neat....makes me want to attend a sporting event Thumb Up

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
And then you put, say, 5 next to each other and you almost want to join in Razz
What sporting event isn't complete without one of these

Big Grin

Cricket has mexican waves, but not cheerleaders. Is that a good thing? lol!

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
What sporting event isn't complete without one of these

Awwwwwwwww.... that's too cute! Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
I like this one:

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I like it too! Smile

Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
let's see.....
this:

vs. these

definately the first
the bottom one makes me dizzy Big Grin

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post