Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Suggestions & Requests    Access to particular NSU articles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Access to particular NSU articles?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I realize that most NSU back issues have sold out especially anything more than a few years old, but is it possible to get PDF's/photocopies of particular articles? For example, within a recent discussion of Dark Horse signing cards, someone mentioned that there was an NSU article on them in the Feb/Mar '99 issue (Vol 10, #1). If possible, I'd like a copy of that, please.

Jess

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I ended up finding the back issue out in the online wilderness. Good article.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
That's awesome!
I just picked up a few back issues in the wild to read and thought of you, but couldn't remember the issue you were looking for.

I picked up:
Aug/Sept 1997 (Vol 8, #4) Spawn on the cover
Apr/May 2000 (vol 11, #2) Star Wars 3D cover (opened)
Aug/Sept 2000 (Vol 11, #4) Animation Special

Also, found a couple issues of "Toons" from Fall 1998 and Fall 1999. Those were kinda neat.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Heroes,

I overlooked your post somehow. Yeah, when I have a shot at a cheap back issue, I jump on it. There are a lot of issues between around 2007 and 2012 that I missed. One local comic shop was selling some 4-5 year old issues for half-price. Another store, where they know me, gave me a discount on even the latest issue just before the new one arrived. This was before I noticed Barnes & Noble was carrying it.

I had picked up NSU Volume 19, Number 5 from 2008. It's the one with the Fantastic Four on the cover. I can't find it even after I unstacked my piles of various back issues and shuffled through a couple of boxes of back issues. If you find that, please let me know. I'd trade some cards for it.

Who knows, I might find it while looking for something else. It's happened before.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:
That's awesome!
I just picked up a few back issues in the wild to read and thought of you, but couldn't remember the issue you were looking for.

I picked up:
Aug/Sept 1997 (Vol 8, #4) Spawn on the cover
Apr/May 2000 (vol 11, #2) Star Wars 3D cover (opened)
Aug/Sept 2000 (Vol 11, #4) Animation Special

Also, found a couple issues of "Toons" from Fall 1998 and Fall 1999. Those were kinda neat.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
You are lucky to have stores that sell NSU and/trading cards in your area. There is one in the Chicago area but it is not close to me. I am looking for the airport trading card from your area. Do you have any?

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have one. I'm collecting those airport cards too though not hunting them actively. I thought I was going to be able to pick up a lot of the San Jose cards but they ran out quick (I was flying 3-4 times per year) and then no one seemed to know about them. I thought they got more periodically. Meanwhile, I have several Orlando cards and a few from Phoenix.

The thing I noticed at most airports is that it's easier to get the cards at information stations before you go through security.

I found a few cards on Ebay - airports I'm less likely to get to.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I ended up flying a few times last year, but each time I looked for cards at the airport, there was no one at the information desk. When you have an hour or less between flights, you don't have a lot of time to wander around and go back and check, so I didn't pick up one new card.