Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NSU unsecure?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted
I use the Chrome browser and nonsportupdate.com is showing as unsecure.
Does it need (re-)certification?

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi Raj:

Happy New Year to you! We do not have an SSL Certificate on nonsportupdate.com. We never have. We do not collect any information on nonsportupdate.com. Other parts of our domains such as beckett.com and beckettmedia.com do employ a certificate as those sites are the ones you would use to make a purchase (such as an NSU single issue or subscription), order things, etc. and so it's more important there.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
I guess I only really noticed because an image wasn't showing up. I'd read on another site that, in some circumstances, Chrome was blocking images if they weren't on a certified site.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
In the last few days, every time I come here I get a message that Malware has been blocked, but I can safely use the site anyway. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No, I haven't seen a warning like that when I come here.

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
In the last few days, every time I come here I get a message that Malware has been blocked, but I can safely use the site anyway. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
no nothing here.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Just as I was reading the replies, this popped up:

Potentially malicious activity has been blocked. However, you can still safely continue to view this site while using Browser Guard.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post