Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do I . . .
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
How do I make a post in an "archived" discussion?

How does a discussion move to the "greatest hits" section?

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
How do I make a post in an "archived" discussion?

How does a discussion move to the "greatest hits" section?

Bill:

To my knowledge, you can not respond to a post that has been archived. I can un-archive it for you (or whoever) but of course, that's not the slickest of solutions.

And before you ask "why archive", Infopop only allows you to have so many "live" posts and so many "archived" posts under your plan.

As for you second question, that's another manual thing. When I switched plans a while back, I looked for topics which seem like they fit the "Greatest Hits" bill and moved them there. I had received a few nominations of sorts as well and used some of that input. Every once in a while, we'll get advice for a member that this topic or that topic should be a "Greatest Hits" topic and we decide accordingly. Nothing automated about it at all.

Harris

PS If you would like me to un-archive a topic, just let me know (by e-mail). Or you may always refer to an archived topic in a new discussion, of course.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Or you may always refer to an archived topic in a new discussion, of course.
That's what I did.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post