Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new day!!!
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
It would be more pleasent to have a "open that pack day".

everybody can have just 1 pack and no more. And we to the same principle as the box day.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of 'Open a pack day'. Taking that a stage further how about 'Last pack in the box day'. I often find that I'm waiting on the last pack to see whether I have a full base set or whether I get the autograph/costume card that the box says I should. It's a sort of trading card Russian roulette - all or nothing on the last pack. Thumb Up or Shake Head

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
I like the idea of 'Open a pack day'. Taking that a stage further how about 'Last pack in the box day'. I often find that I'm waiting on the last pack to see whether I have a full base set or whether I get the autograph/costume card that the box says I should. It's a sort of trading card Russian roulette - all or nothing on the last pack. Thumb Up or Shake Head
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! Frown OR Bouncey

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
I also like the idea of 'Open a Pack Day' but have it be the last pack of a box.

However it gets worked out - I'm in!

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Dragging up this old chestnut again.

Have been thinking that the logical time for 'Last Pack In The Box Day' would be 1 day or 1 week after 'Open That Box day'.

Trying to think of a groovy name for those that take part in this event and have come up with L.I.P.S. which is short for the Last In Pack Society.

Any takers? Wink

Any better names?

Is anybody out there?

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How about L.P.S (Last pack standing)????
Or O.S.P (One Shot Pack)????
Well you only get one shot so make it count Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
I think the original posters idea is best. "Last Pack in the box day" is just another shot for box buyers. I think the OP was going for pack buyers and others who just do not buy boxes. Box buying is not the ONLY way to collect here people.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
On reflection, Open A Pack day (but lets not call this O.A.P. day) is a great idea. I don't run a store so I don't know the practicalities of this, but could there be such a thing a Free Trading Card Day along the lines of Free Comic Book Day. 1 pack given away per purchase over $10 on anything limited to 1 per person per store.

Maybe card manufacturers could get together (has this ever been done?) & offer a combined pack with examples of their wares. If the contents were identical then people would only want 1 each (perhaps 2). The bigger the selection, the more chance that someone who isn't normally interested in cards could find something that they want to find out more about. Hook them in with a freebie - same as at conventions but on a larger scale.