Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new day!!!
 Login/Join

posted
Well,I was just sitting at the computer and thought of an idea.What if on the forum we had something like open that box day except have it being open that case day.Just a good thing for a hard core collector.It might cost quite a bit of money but still.

p.s-dont hate me if this is a bad idea.

Posts: 116 | Location: Mountaintop | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolverine1:
p.s-dont hate me if this is a bad idea.

Big Grin

This part makes me chuckle. No one is going to hate you.

I'll be curious to see what others say about the cases...

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Buy me a case and i'll open it any day
sumo

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
I can't even afford to buy a picture of a case of cards! Eek I don't really care for the idea, but it's not my place to say. Others that are better off might say different.

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
I find it interesting that busting a case makes one a "hardcore" collector. Does that mean that those like myself who don't have the means to get a case can't be hardcore collectors?

I don't take it as an insult or anything necessarily bad rather just a reflection in our hobby that has gone from being pack based to box based and now increasingly case based. That and I sometimes take joy in debating semantics.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Lets have an open a pack day then we could all join in. Smile

Just don't have an open your wallet day. Eek

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Would a case of cards being unopened for a year or longer????

I can't even wait when a box arrive what would I do if I have a case.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Lets have an open a pack day then we could all join in. Smile
:

I don't know if I can even afford a pack right now Frown

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I've only bought cases of 4 different releases. I've opened them as soon as I got them. So, timing would have to be impeccable for me to join in.

--Tim

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
I've only bought cases of 4 different releases. I've opened them as soon as I got them. So, timing would have to be impeccable for me to join in.

--Tim

I'm in the same boat, I've only opened cases from a few Buffy releases and 1 each of LOTR Evolution and Masterpieces and several Complete Avengers. If there were an "open that case" day it would have to be late July or early August for me to join in (The new DC release Big Grin), nothing else in the forseeable furure looks like a case buy for me.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did I say it had to be today?NO!Whenever the nsu board wants to have it.If it was approved.

Posts: 116 | Location: Mountaintop | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Unless we all win the lottery I can't see this event happening. Splurging on a box or two is one thing but stomping up the £££/$$$ for a case is quite another.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I think that OTB day is a great way for a large number of collectors to join in together. An open the Case day would be a bit too exclusive imo. But never feel sorry for having an idea/suggestion

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I say we have an open your binder day. Everyone come to the card talk board with their favvvvvvvorite binder of cards and gush over it. It's free (since we already own the cards) and lets everyone play (cause gee, ya gotta have it least ONE binder to still be hanging around this joint!)

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
I say we have an open your binder day. Everyone come to the card talk board with their favvvvvvvorite binder of cards and gush over it. It's free (since we already own the cards) and lets everyone play (cause gee, ya gotta have it least ONE binder to still be hanging around this joint!)

Oh, man. I don't recall that requirement. Guess I'll have to go buy a binder now, huh?

Big Grin

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's an excellent idea, Lynne!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
quote:

Great Idea Lynne Thumb Up
I rarely get the chance to buy cards by the box, but I could definitely talk enthusiastically about my favourite binder of cards. Clap

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:

Oh, man. I don't recall that requirement. Guess I'll have to go buy a binder now, huh?

Big Grin

OK, ok for you....bring your own shoebox.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sumozilla:
Buy me a case and i'll open it any day
sumo
Ditto! Thumb Up

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
maybe it should be Open What You Can Get Your Hands On Day?

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post