Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Suggestions & Requests    The Card Trading Lists
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Card Trading Lists
 Login/Join

Picture of Collect the Cards
posted
When you go to the main card talk page you see that the new post is is not activated. I guess this is done so non-members can not view them. However, once you are a member it would be nice to have an option for an email notify sent when a new post or message is made to any within the group without having to sub to all posts.

Posts: 351 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi There: I am not certain I understand the question. The forum does offer some e-mail notifications. You can have it notify you when a particular thread has a new post added. And it can do this either daily, weekly, or immediately. If you are following more then one thread, you'll get a digest with the updates on all of the threads you are following.

Is this what you mean? If so, please post here (or e-mail me) and I can tell you how to turn the notifications on.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Oh...one more thing. Yes, you are correct about the post not showing up until you log in. The trading forums are only offered to members. This is done for both our member's security sake as well as to try and encourage people to sign-up for the forum.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harris that is what I was thinking they where blocked for security reasons.

Maybe this step by step might explain it better
1 - Go to the home page of NSU Card Talk
2 - Scroll down to the light blue heading that says CARD TRADING
3 - Click on CARD TRADING
4 - You should be on the CARD TRADING page that lists the three card trading forums
5 - There is a dark blue tab like that says GO _NEW -FIND _ TOOLS > then under that tab like strip is a same color strip that says WELCOME! > then under that is a light blue strip that has CARD TRADING (and if you click on it it brings you back to the same page)
6 - Now on the dark blue tab that has GO _ NEW_ FIND _ TOOLS > it would be nice to have a NOTIFY when a NEW HEADING POST is posted in any of the three forums for trading cards

Hope that makes sense.

Posts: 351 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi Collect the Cards:

Yes, I beleive you can do what you are looking to do. I have just responded to your e-mail that you also sent about this and included instructions. Please give that a try and see if it does what you are looking to do, ok?

Harris

posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris got it working.