Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

signature files
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Is there any way the part of Infopop that controls signatures could be modified so that they show up differently than the text of the posting?

There have been a number of times that I was reading a post, then read the sig line, and gotten thoroughly confused because it wasn't clear where the post stopped and the sig started.

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Bill, good question, I am going to move this down to suggestions and requests though....

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I say we get rid of 'em all together Wink
Signature files make threads confusing and bulky and if someone is a frequent poster, it can be quite redundant seeing the same thing over and over. I know people like to have a splash of personality, but I thought that's what the avatar was for Wink

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
i want to changfe my quotes :LD but cant find the options in the erm, the buttons (?) you know the options

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Haven't a clue since I don't have one, but jsut for you, I looked it up Wink
First, use the menu at the top of the page..select..GO..then preferences..then PROFILE.. then View/Edit Complete Profile..scroll down and it's at the bottom.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
I like signatures!!!
But I do see how they can interfere with a post as well.

"Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding, he sings." --- Ed Gardner

Posts: 1042 | Location: Modesto, CA USA | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi:

Sorry, I missed this thread. I often read signatures as part of a post too.

I just looked into this a bit and found that if you dig deep into the forum controls, you can fairly easly add a separator. If I have set it up correctly, I have added a line separator. There still may be one thing to add. I'll have to see as more people post after my change.

I have also read where you can change signatures to appear italicized or in a smaller font size but due to html coding reasons that I won't get into here, it may not display properly for those users using browsers other then Internet Explorer. So I won't try that just yet. I suppose it would be conceivable to also globally change the signature color using that as well but again, it might produce iffy results on non-IE machines.

And finally, one other thought. Any member who would like could add their own separator by hard coding it into their signature, though now that I have added the global one, it make not make sense to do so.

As for Lynne's argument, that's a whole different ballgame. Maybe this will make things easier...

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
There have been a number of times that I was reading a post, then read the sig line, and gotten thoroughly confused because it wasn't clear where the post stopped and the sig started.

Lol, there's one member I can think of straight away whose sig seems to continue on from their posts. I've now trained myself to stop reading before his sig starts Smile

My sig is boring. Just a star.

(After posting - and now that line makes it look funny Frown )

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Maybe you add a few blank lines at the start of your signature before the star..sorta split it up a bit...

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Let me say for the record that I officially hate the little solid black line before people's sigs - it is SOOO distracting - more so that having the posts run into it that it makes me not want to read any posts this morning. Blech.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's one ugly looking line!! Frown

Posts: 1085 | Location: UK | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
Let me say for the record that I officially hate the little solid black line before people's sigs - it is SOOO distracting - more so that having the posts run into it that it makes me not want to read any posts this morning. Blech.

Hmmmm....Ummm....OK. Got any other suggestions?

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
ummm, I dont understand, a line is a line is a line... you want flowers? maybe you can make it dotted Harris... but I for one think the line is fine as it stands

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Email sent.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
:O a complaint :P

thanks st Smile

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I like the line as it is.
Or, maybe we can get it in different colours.
Perhaps, depending on the colour of your status, bronze etc. Then you have a bronze line?
And so on and so forth.....
Thanks -- ChRiS Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post