Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FAQ Forum?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted
Card Talk members are very friendly and supportive of newbies. I have noticed that there have been a few newbies recently and several common questions. I think it would be useful to have a section for FAQ.

Each question would have a separate discussion. The first post in each thread could answer the question and be updated in light of the further posts.

Initial questions could include:
- What is a master set?
- What other resources are out there (picking up steve j's thread about External Resources)
- How much are cards worth (plug for NSU here)

The forum rules (eg no selling) could also be moved to the FAQ forum.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
The existing FAQ for Card Talk itself is what I meant by the 'forum rules' point. I think questions about the forum is just a small part of the common questions and some info about card collecting would be useful.

There was a terminology thread at one stage that could also be moved to FAQ.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Or maybe make them sticky threads in the card discussion forum.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
The last thing this board needs is more forums, or more sticky threads

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
uhmmm...how about a forum for sticky threads Razz

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
Card Talk members are very friendly and supportive of newbies. I have noticed that there have been a few newbies recently and several common questions. I think it would be useful to have a section for FAQ.

Each question would have a separate discussion. The first post in each thread could answer the question and be updated in light of the further posts.

Initial questions could include:
- What is a master set?
- What other resources are out there (picking up steve j's thread about External Resources)
- How much are cards worth (plug for NSU here)

The forum rules (eg no selling) could also be moved to the FAQ forum.

I agree with TANGENT because I'm a newbie,and I also might have a question or two. Confused
Like-What's a full bleed? At first I wanted to dial 911 to get this person help.LOL!! Big Grin

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
^^^ I agree about the 'Full Bleeds' - what are they? A common question that alot of newbies might not know.

I think I do know what a master set is but what about other questions?

Sorry but I can't think of one for example right now.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
full bleed just means no border on the card. the image goes from edge to edge.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:

Thanks Alot!! Now I fell more knowledgable!! Smile

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hollypop:

I think I do know what a master set is

Ooh do tell because ( seriously ) nobody else does. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thats a pretty comprehensive list of definitions and even they did not attempt Master set.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I noticed they gave special mention to Non Sport Update's Cart Talk.

Not once did they try to define "dray". Oh well, back to my cart collection.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've got a cart collection.

It's wheely good. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
You guys are funny! Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

I think I do know what a master set is

Ooh do tell because ( seriously ) nobody else does. Big Grin

Now Wolfie, I only said I had an idea.. not that I knew for sure.

But I can at least say what I think a master set is. In my little world- a master set consists of every card issued for a set, promos, pw's and auto's included. That means even the redemption cards and sell sheets plus the Binder.

Is that not what a 'master set' means? Everything that is issued for a card set? Even the new propworks and cell cards?

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:

see.. that's what I thought but I didn't want to assume anything. You know what they say about assuming something. Wink

Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is that not what a 'master set' means? Everything that is issued for a card set? Even the new propworks and cell cards?

well hollypop i'm not picking on you but....

there are a few card sets out the the have 1 of 1 cards which means there can only be 1 master set in the whole world, does that mean if you have every card but that one you have a..........

that's why the term "Master Set" is such a sticky one Smile

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
good point Big Grin

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
I agree with starwolf1001 regarding this issue. With all variations in costumes, props & signatures (with some signers writing unique comments) a master set can ONLY be held by the manufacturer prior to release. Unless there is a total product recall (and it all comes back) or someone buys the whole lot then the master set will never be in one place again. This obviously dosen't apply to every release, nor does it stop you from giving it a good go.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post