Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FAQ Forum?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by starwolf1001:
quote:
Originally posted by hollypop:
Is that not what a 'master set' means? Everything that is issued for a card set? Even the new propworks and cell cards?

well hollypop i'm not picking on you but....

there are a few card sets out the the have 1 of 1 cards which means there can only be 1 master set in the whole world, does that mean if you have every card but that one you have a..........

that's why the term "Master Set" is such a sticky one Smile

hey, as stated before, I'm a novice to this hobby and to the terminology as well.

You do make a good point. No harm, no foul Smile

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:

But I can at least say what I think a master set is. In my little world- a master set consists of every card issued for a set, promos, pw's and auto's included. That means even the redemption cards and sell sheets plus the Binder.

Is that not what a 'master set' means? Everything that is issued for a card set? Even the new propworks and cell cards?

You forgot the box and wrappers the cards came in... also, if you wanna nit pick, some people also keep unopened boxes and unopened packs to keep them in "mint" condition for their master sets.

I'm not one of those peps. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
am I being picked on again? Just Twak me and get it over with lol

Okay.. Redemption, you're right. I did forget about the wrappers and empty boxes.

Just please, no one tell me that the receipt for proof of the purchases also counts towards a master set. Razz

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just please, no one tell me that the receipt for proof of the purchases also counts towards a master set. Razz

@#%&#@, there goes my only master set! Why, oh, why didn't I keep my receipt! Big Grin

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
aww man I dont get receipts

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Master Set? What's a master set-I'm happy if I get a base set.LOL Big Grin

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post