Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Suggestions & Requests    POLL: Signature Separators
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLL: Signature Separators
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

Question:
Hi All: I added a line to seperate the signatures at the bottom of posts. Some people seem to like them and some don't. Just wondering what the general concensus is...

Choices:
I Like It
I Don't Like It
I would rather see a different kind of seperator used (please specify in your posted response)

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've voted that I like it because in the past with some signatures it reads like they are part of the post and then you think 'Oh no, that was actually the signature the post stopped a couple of lines up.'

However, until I saw this poll I wasn't really aware that anything had changed, I've gone back and looked at some posts and I can see that there is a signature separator in there.

LW

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
I voted that I like it, but I honestly don't care. Smile The lines are fine and without is fine with me too. I've never had the problem of reading the sig as part of the post though.

"I'm the girl who lost her reputation and never missed it." --- Mae West

Posts: 1042 | Location: Modesto, CA USA | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
I voted i like it...... however it could be a different colour maybe!!!

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I am one of the few at this point who don't like it just because it seems unneeded.

But then I never had a problem seperating the statements from the signatures, so I was never bothered that a seperator was not in place.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
i suppose it is a good idea (there are a few where you don't know where to stop reading Big Grin)

of course i've got my own seperator Wink

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
thanks to STcardgeek i found out how, though im sticking with sherlock holmes Big Grin

also changed the time to my timezone its been stuck 5hrs behind ever since i registered Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Neil,

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
I used a separator before "***" and I think it was nice looking.

my two cents Big Grin

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
I voted that I liked it. Most sigs are o.k., but there are a few that seem to blend right in with the post.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
I voted for "like it", but it really doesn't have enough of an impact, either way, to be concerned about.
When I was a kid, I remember learning that the equator was an imaginary lion running around the middle of the earth Roll Eyes
Plus, I think Harris could use a pat on the back once in a while, so to that end...
AWESOME line, Harris! Thumb Up Clap

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
I like the separators, but wouldn't mind a bit if instead of a solid line it was a dotted line

---------

Just me Smile I do think, especially with the length of a few of the signatures, that they're necessary.

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
I think a separator is a good idea. I like the

- - - -
dotted lines or asterisks.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
i like the idea of a separator. sometimes i have to think twice about whether the sig is part of the post.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Fine by me.

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
I think its fine

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Me also thinks its a good idea

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
I like it, definately needs to be something there

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of babybee
posted Hide Post
i like it

Posts: 71 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of flobe
posted Hide Post
I like it but I don't like sigs that have images in it.
E.G. from members like
starwolf1001
Chris Byrne
Dobby The House Elf
and especially
H.I.M.

Text Sigs are fine.

Posts: 792 | Location: Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flobe:
I like it but I don't like sigs that have images in it.
E.G. from members like
starwolf1001
Chris Byrne
Dobby The House Elf
and especially
H.I.M.

Text Sigs are fine.

I am thinking about changing mine.
It takes up too much room on the pages.

Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post