Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Suggestions & Requests    trading feedback rating
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

trading feedback rating
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Ged
posted
hi guys i was just browing a sport card forum when i seen the feedback system they have for rating trades with people i think this would be a good idea then we know who and who not to trade with

any thoughts?

Posts: 562 | Location: Liverpool UK | Registered: March 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
In my opinion this is a non starter, sorry.

In order to leave bad feedback about a trade you would have to say something bad about a member of the board and this is against the forum rules.

If you do have a bad trade experiance you should contact Harris and let him know but NSU would be reluctant to get involved directly.

It is virtually unknown for trades on this board to go wrong and the best advice is to trust everyone here until proved otherwise.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I was thinking the same thing, Gerrard. I think its safe to assume any member of this board is a good trader. There have been a couple over the years and they were let go. But when you consider how many trades take place among members, the percentage of bad ones in very small.
I have traded with people across the US, in Canada, and in the UK, and I've never had a bad deal.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Ged
posted Hide Post
i havnt had a bad trade either it as just as i seen it i thougt it was a good idea

Posts: 562 | Location: Liverpool UK | Registered: March 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
same for me.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Cathy does it on her star wars site, I think it works pretty well there. It may be worth asking Cathy for her comments and if there has been any problems.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Take it on the basis that all people are honest on here......
U trade with someone and it goes wrong....
If that happened to me, I would email the person involved and try to sort it out Smile

If we had one of those forums u could imagine a war breaking out Frown

Lets take for example here.....
Wolfie is popular on here right?????
I have traded with him on several occasions and I have been very happy with the trades Smile
But supposing we had one of these forums and a trade goes wrong and I leave a bad remark....
something like "Wolfies a bad trader, don't trade with him!!!!" (Please note I am using wolfie as an example if I have mislead any one, forgive me but it is not my intentions)
People see that and u know Wolfie has traded with a lot of people on here, they will jump to his defence and it will start a war Frown

I am sorry I used wolfie but I am trying to illistrate a point here.....

Personally speaking.... I found Wolfie to be honest, reliable and trustworthy Smile
but the thing is, imagine 2 people on here who are popular and trade and it goes wrong.....
WORLD WAR 3!!!!!!!!!
No need for it.....

I take everyone on here as reliable, trustworthy and honest.....
If I have stepped on anyones shoes or given them a bad trade, forgive me Smile Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
Safe communities as CT are rare so I feel this doesn't apply at all here.

May I had that everyone is very friendly, helpful and ... I'm really glad to have found one day a little magazine called Non Sport Update. Metal

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Offering feedback here on the forum comes up every so often. I'm not for it either for many of the reasons post above.

Another thing. I have found that sometimes, members may be too quick to damn another member, who may not work on the same time schedule as the original member. Also, there may be extenuating circumstances (someone goes in the hospital unexpectedly, death in the family, or other serious crises). If a member posts negative feedback in one of these situations, problems might arise. In the first scenario, the other member will eventually get what is owed to the first member but the damage has been done by the first member making comment that they do not honor their commitment, are slow in shipping, or whatever. And in the second scenario, well, it's self-explanatory.

I'm not against this sort of thing altogether but I just don't know that this is the solution.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
Lets take for example here.....
Wolfie is popular on here right?????
KADRAN00157

Hands up who said no. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I rest my case Wolfie, you are popular Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
a little annoying, but popular and fun to have around Big Grin

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Who doesn't love Wolfie? Smile

I have traded on a popular sport card board and gotten burned a couple times. That board has many many complaints about bad traders daily. I no longer trade on that board.

This board is fantastic. Never had a bad trade, and the folks are fun and friendly. I would prefer not having a trader rating deal on here. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Big Grin

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
I think that there isn't much of a need here for feedback, swc.net (cathys site) has this system but all the feedback is positive any way so doesn't work like Ebays feedback system does.

It is fairly safe to assume people on here are genuine. If in any doubt over a trade don't carry out the trade in the first place then you can't go wrong.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I've only ever had one trade on here that went wrong and I still don't know what happened. They said they were having health issues and seeing as they have dropped off the the board like a lead balloon, you can only image what the actual reason might be...

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
it would be nice to have but isnt everyone a good trader on here anyway so wouldnt the forum just say great trader will deal with again ?

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I've had many good trades and they all worked out fine.

--Tim

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When a trade goes down on here..... Itry to be 100% honest so everyone is happy....
If I have failed any one on here forgive me Frown
I have seen Deals go bad and some get shafted lol but then again I would never do that to people on here.....
U people are friendly and nice and caring and I salute you Smile Smile Smile Smile

KADRAN00157

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Don't need a rating system . Sooner or later we're all going to get burned by a bad trader and they'll disappear quickly , word gets around . More important to me is compatibility . There are a lot of good traders here who i won't trade with for various reasons such as quickness of deal , value of cards , response to emails , shipping , etc. That doesn't make either of us a bad trader , we're just not compatible . I don't need to rate the traders i've dealt with , i'll just keep going back to the ones i can work with .
sumo

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm a nonsports card mod on a sports card trading site. and feedback does come in handy buy I see usually if someone is a cheat they rip as many people off at one time as they can before they get caught. Feedback is good but is someone is rotten it wouldn't matter they would take as many people as they could then dissapear(or it appears it happens that way) then they try and reregister under another name over and over and over again to steal from more people..

I have only had positive experiences here so far(knock on wood)..

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post