Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On-Line issues.
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted
Has anyone suggested web issues? Instead of having the physical copy of the magazine, charge a subscription fee to download a copy. At the end of the year, included in the fee, a pack of all the promos could be sent. Keeping them on my computer would be far easier and helping with my ever decreasing storage space.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
See Price Card Thoughts thread in the General NSU Discussion section for Harris' answer about an online price guide.

I'm a pack rat, as are most collectors, so I like to have a physical mag. If you want to check a listing why open your laptop or PC when you can just pull out NSU? The whole idea of books online has not caught on very well because it is just not relaxing to read them off a computer screen.

The only advantage to having an online price guide is that the values might be changed in between issues, but that would only make some difference on recent releases, if it were done at all. I don't think non-sport card collectors have expressed a great need for that right now.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I wasn't talking about the price guide. To be honest, I only refer to that to see if I'm any promos missing. Prices rarely reflect the real world. My guide is comparing dealers prices.

As for opening my pc to read, your 525 posts show you are not adverse to reading on the screen. In the past month, several companys have released ebook readers for downloading books.

I too am a pack rat. Unfortunatly, my available space is not Tardis sized.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well Graham your original question was "has anyone suggested web issues"?

So the answer is yes. Is it going to happen? Well you will have to check with NSU, but I think not.

As for your other comments, I do like to read and post here. Since you have almost 4 times my number of posts, apparently you do too, but I don't follow your logic that it means I should like ebooks or online magazines.

Reading a novel on a computer screen or trying to print large downloads is not for me, and not for a lot of people who would rather just coil up with a good book. Sure there are companies who are trying hard to promote electronic books, but ebooks as an industry has not taken off as was hoped and that's just a fact. Publishers are no longer very worried about direct downloads because the public has not taken to it and book sales have not appeared to be decreasing as a result yet.

Anyhow I understand your point that you would like to cut down storage. We all suffer from a lack of space eventually. My system is to wait until the drawers don't close, have a fit and then throw everything out. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Well Graham your original question was "has anyone suggested web issues"?

So the answer is yes. Is it going to happen? Well you will have to check with NSU, but I think not.

As for your other comments, I do like to read and post here. Since you have almost 4 times my number of posts, apparently you do too, but I don't follow your logic that it means I should like ebooks or online magazines.

Graham - See you asked the wrong question but luckily Raven was here to help you out Roll Eyes and you have more posts than him!!!!! given that you have been on the board 3 more years that shouldn't come as a surprise Confused

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Graham - See you asked the wrong question but luckily Raven was here to help you out Roll Eyes and you have more posts than him!!!!! given that you have been on the board 3 more years that shouldn't come as a surprise Confused

Graham doesn't need any help from me and the number of posts only came up because he mentioned it.

Anyhow I'm bronze, he's silver and you're platinum. So you win. Big Grin

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Anyhow I'm bronze, he's silver and you're platinum. So you win. Big Grin

........and i'm Tungsten so you all lose. Razz

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
........and i'm Tungsten so you all lose. Razz

wolfie, that just goes without saying. Cool