Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List of Mods
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted
Some of the other Boards that I frequent have a link on the main page with a list of the Moderators, and Admins if more than one.
If that's not within this Board's capabilities just a pinned topic somewhere with such a list would suffice. Smile

It's times like these such a list would be handy Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I believe the mods that mod a particular forum are mentioned at the top somewhere of the forum they moderate Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Wot Bernie said!
If you look at the top of each section, you'll see the two Moderators mainly responsible for that section. If you have a question about that section, get in touch; the names at the top of the page are linked to the relevant profile, and all the mods (as far as I'm aware) have a valid email address in their profile.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I already know that. I was here when it was implemented/Mods were created.

Oh well, I can only think of one who wouldn't delete my email or be patronising/condescending in an email reply. So I will go and find them the long way.

-_-

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Star*Mystyk,

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh well, I can only think of one who wouldn't delete my email or be patronising/condescending in a reply.

Eh? My apologies if it appeared to be the cse but I am NEVER deliberately patronising or condecending - I do have a somewhat unusual way of phrasing things, it is true! Bear in mind I'm half English (which means I can be accidentally pompous) and Half Irish (which means I can be loquacious whilst being pompous)... Big Grin Nor would any moderator delete a post without some very good reason - and they would usually discuss the matter with the poster.
Star, if you have some issue you want to raise off-board, please do email me to discuss it - my email is in my profile as I mentioned above.

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:

Bear in mind I'm half English (which means I can be accidentally pompous) .

I say, steady on there old boy. Giving the impression we are all a bunch of stuck up types if you please.

What What. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I thought pompous and smartassed was the English way. Big Grin

As for deleting posts, it couldnt have been me...I dont do anything.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
quote:
Oh well, I can only think of one who wouldn't delete my email or be patronising/condescending in a reply.

Eh? My apologies if it appeared to be the cse but I am NEVER deliberately patronising or condecending - I do have a somewhat unusual way of phrasing things, it is true! Bear in mind I'm half English (which means I can be accidentally pompous) and Half Irish (which means I can be loquacious whilst being pompous)... Big Grin Nor would any moderator delete a post without some very good reason - and they would usually discuss the matter with the poster.
Star, if you have some issue you want to raise off-board, please do email me to discuss it - my email is in my profile as I mentioned above.

Now where did I say I meant you? I will not name the person I was referring to (of course) but it's definitely not a Pom Wink

And what does loquacious mean? I don't believe I've heard that word before :-\

quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
As for deleting posts,

Emails not posts. And I'm only assuming as whenever I have dealt with this person they have *never* replied to an email from me, and I've sent them from a couple of email accounts.

quote:
...I don't do anything

I've noticed that. Big Grin I don't think you've ever spoken to anyone in The Mod Voice before.
And no, it's not you either. Smile

Anyways....it doesn't matter. I was only wondering if this Board had the feature disabled, if it ever had it at all. On many Boards there is often a link on the main page that says, "The Moderating Team" or somesuch.
I guess there's as much chance of having that as a complete Member List Razz Like I don't get enough junk email as it is Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Star*Mystyk,

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now where did I say I meant you?

I don't know, perhaps it was me being paranoid, but seeing
quote:
be patronising/condescending in a reply.
after I replied to your post made me think you were commenting upon my post - or perhaps Bernie's! If you are going to make comments like
quote:
be patronising/condescending in a reply.
you REALLY need to put some context in there - such as 'in an emailed reply'.
As for not naming whoever it was, fair enough, but if you have a problem with a particular moderator, email Harris about it. If it's Harris you have a problem with, email one of the mods - none of us are beholden to the others and if you have a serious and genuine problem with someone, we may be able to help.
Our emails are in our profiles and you can find a direct link to our profiles at the top of the sections we are resonsible for (as Bernie mentioned and I expanded upon earlier!)
Au Res.,
Paul
p.s. Loquacious - Very talkative; garrulous (definition from dictionary.com)

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I,ve got a problem. Wavey

Certain members and mods keep hitting me on the head. ie: Twak

What should i do? Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Duck

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Where?

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Into the fog! Cool

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Certain members and mods keep hitting me on the head. ie: Twak

That's allowed - in fact, it's one of the hidden "Moderators Only" FAQ's:
quote:
Q. What about Twak-ing Wolfie?

Ordinarily, Twak-ing is not recommended, except in certain special cases - Wolfie is one of those 'Special Cases' and must be Twak-ed on every conceivable occasion. Not to Twak Wolfie is a disciplinary offence.

Sorry, Wolfie, but them's the rules.
Twak
Au Res.,
Paul

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Frown

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:

quote:
...I don't do anything

I've noticed that. Big Grin I don't think you've ever spoken to anyone in The Mod Voice before.

I'm like the brother that catches you doing something you maybe shouldnt be but I dont say much because I've done it myself. Like catching you smoking when the cigarettes you have were taken from me. I dont take a lot of action, because when I do, I get in trouble. So I am quiet and usually give advice on issues behind the scenes.

So there!

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
I have long voiced the opinion that moderators should be Anonymous - that way there'd be less chance of people getting confused when the Mod is speaking or the Regular Person is speaking - but Harris disagrees *pfft* Doesn't he know that I am always right?

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
Duck

DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
Doesn't he know that I am always right?

Your not allways right but, like me, your never wrong. Smile

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
I already know that. I was here when it was implemented/Mods were created.

Oh well, I can only think of one who wouldn't delete my email or be patronising/condescending in a reply. So I will go and find them the long way.

-_-

Well, there are 2 brand new mods you know, and since you have such an issue with the rest of us, try emailing Ryan Seacrest or Miss Tialessa.... Now, also, I know I have never replied to you in a condecending way, even when I got those cards wrapped in rubber band....

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post