Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Suggestions & Requests    Card trading software
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Card trading software
 Login/Join

posted
I was browsing through some trading lists of people thinking to myself what an inmense job trading is. How nice would it be if we had a (online) software system in which we can just add all our cards we now list here, press a magic button and have our haves / wants automatically matched with other uses generating all possible trades...

Maybe I'm just daydreaming or maybe something like this allready exists. What are the opinions here?

Posts: 145 | Location: Blerick, Holland | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
There is an application like this that a site uses for trading gaming cards. It works very well.

http://trade.mahasamatman.com/

He tried to expand the service to include standard trading cards but didn't get enough usage to make it worth the effort.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That might be interesting, I'll check that out Thumb Up

Posts: 145 | Location: Blerick, Holland | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
This made me think of something else...is there any software or a website where one can keep track of one's collection so that, say, before a convention you could print out a list of cards you either had or were looking for...a sort of online checklist? I could have sworn this question was asked and answered here some time ago but I couldn't find anything via a search.

-Bob-

edit: now that I think about it, I could always just go to Jeff Allender's website and print out the relevant checklist...

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
OK, I don't remember the specifics on this but, back in my sportscard collecting days, I do recall that certain programs were available just to keep track of your sportcards. I think you subscribed and you would receive updates for new releases.

I think the whole thing probably didn't get very far off the ground because of the explosion of sportscard sets, parallel cards and inserts. The database became so large that it was not worth it.

It would be a smaller database for non-sport cards if anyone wanted to try it, but the updating for new sets would still have to be done. Perhaps some people have set up personal inventories, but that's not the same thing as a software program.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
This made me think of something else...is there any software or a website where one can keep track of one's collection so that, say, before a convention you could print out a list of cards you either had or were looking for...a sort of online checklist? I could have sworn this question was asked and answered here some time ago but I couldn't find anything via a search.

-Bob-

edit: now that I think about it, I could always just go to Jeff Allender's website and print out the relevant checklist...

I noticed the other day that Artbox has a nice checklist set up for their cards. I just don't trust placing my checklist with the company that took more than a year to put up their website. Razz

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Havlock
posted Hide Post
Hi folks,
We use software from a company called CollectorZ

They have a package made for organizing and tracking comic books, but it works extremly well for trading cards. it is very customizable and flexible. We've used it for about 4 years now and have many thousands of cards and images in our databases with it. I have asked them several time to release a version called 'Card' collector, but alas once you get past the word "Comic" it is really nice. They're web site is Collectorz.com
Happy Collecting!
Joey

Posts: 134 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This looks interesting indeed. I don't know if they have it or if there are plans for it but the most essential thing would be the possibility to search for trades.

posted Hide Post
I will move this post to the user announcement thread, wich would be better I think.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nonsporttrading,