Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Suggestions & Requests    Looking for one of my posts...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for one of my posts...
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted
Hello,

I am having trouble locating my Post about Buffy Stake Cards... I had an ongoing list of the Stake that have been found so far and now I am unable to locate it.

Any Help?

Thanks!

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well you can go to your own profile and hit view recent posts. The history goes back pretty far. Or you could try to hit the Find box and put in a keyword like Stake Card, but be sure to search all forums.

You may have tried that already, but that's the only ways I know. Smile

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Well you can go to your own profile and hit view recent posts. The history goes back pretty far. Or you could try to hit the Find box and put in a keyword like Stake Card, but be sure to search all forums.

I tried that already and nothing... Perhaps I am missing it.

But I did a search and it was not in the results.

No clue what happened? Confused

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
How long since the thread was updated? Sometimes threads are deleted if left alone too long.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

I tried that already and nothing... Perhaps I am missing it.

But I did a search and it was not in the results.

No clue what happened? Confused

I've been searching, too. But no luck - it seems to have vanished.
Wasn't there some new posts just a couple months ago?

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure I updated it a month or two ago... But not positive.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Yes, I would like to know when it was last updated too. Also, which forum was this posted in?

No posts were deleted for quite some time.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Yes, I would like to know when it was last updated too. Also, which forum was this posted in?

No posts were deleted for quite some time.

It was in the General Card Discussion.

I want to say I updated it one or two months ago. Again, I am not positive...

I remember I did a search for it and I put in Buffy Stake Card and it came right up.

Also, it is not in my profile for my posts.

Perhaps I am just missing it, but I can't see it at all.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi:

I have done some digging this morning and found the thread you are speaking of on the Internet Archive's "Way Back Machine". That gave me the topic number and I was able to check with our host. They have confirmed that for some reason which I do not know, the topic is gone. I really do not know why. As I said above, I have not done any "pruning" in a while and I generally do not delete topics that have messages in them within the last year, regardless of when the first post to that thread was, so I am at a loss for why it's gone. I do apologize for this though. I wish I had better news.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
There is no way of getting it back???

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think the only way of getting it back would be for the host to pull it off of an old database back-up. I assume they keep back-ups but do not know for certain.

I've never looked into having them do this so I don't know what the cost involved with this would be but I assume there would be one.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:

I think the only way of getting it back would be for the host to pull it off of an old database back-up. I assume they keep back-ups but do not know for certain.

I've never looked into having them do this so I don't know what the cost involved with this would be but I assume there would be one.

OK... Can you as an Administrator somehow retrieve the info from the post?

Atleast get the list of cards that were accounted for?

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
MarcG:

Are you certain that a post was made to that thread within the last several months? Any chance that you are mistaken and it's been quite a bit longer??

I did some further checking with the host. The oldest backup of our DB is just 12-31. They could check that (for a fee) but as that is just 5 days ago, I seriously doubt that the thread would be there.

Can you provide any more details?

Harris

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I do not remember the last update... It could have been a couple of months ago, but I do not remember.

I was going to update it the other day, but I had no luck finding it.

No big deal. I do not want NSU paying a fee to find the post.

Thank you anyway.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Since the Topic is gone and no one knows why and no one deleted it... Then can't NSU ask the Host to get it back without a fee?

The Host knows about the Topic and has the info to find out that it was deleted, so couldn't they retrieve it and put it back?

It makes no sense why it was deleted...

There are still posts that are still on the site that haven't been updated in years.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I didn't follow the list to closely but I definately remember somebody other than MarcG updated the list not to long ago referencing a couple of eBay auctions. We're talking a couple of weeks back, a month or two max. when it was bumped to the top of General Discussion were I saw it.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
I didn't follow the list to closely but I definately remember somebody other than MarcG updated the list not to long ago referencing a couple of eBay auctions. We're talking a couple of weeks back, a month or two max. when it was bumped to the top of General Discussion were I saw it.

That is why I was wondering why it was deleted...